GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where was your Mk5 made:

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
No that is not true

loft said:
Its all the same, some VWs are made in Mexico and they are fine too. Its all about them being engineered by a bunch of germans with their intolerance to any deviation from mathematecal perfection. As long as the engineers are german thats all that is important.

No that is not true, just the GLI is made in Mexico, nor the GTI

Cheers

Ricardo

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
No that is not true ¡¡¡¡¡

AlphAZender said:
I still want mine made in Germany. Didnt the Mexican plant go on strike a few years back? I don't want angry mexicans making my car.

No strike was on the plant, they where just looking for better conditions and after a while the manage to made an agreement, and by the way in Puebla Mexico is not made the GTI, just the GLI and the Bettle.

I have a GLI and you would have to see the very good job they make, volkswagen quality is the best everywhere they have a plant, same conditions.

Cheers

Ricardo

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
My GTI was made in Germany!!!!!

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
I wouldn't care a whole lot if the car was made in Mexico. But it's definitely cooler that my car's made in Wolfsburg, I mean a GTI from Wolfsburg, that just screams heritage and legend. :iono:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I like the fact that my car comes from Wolfsburg because of the first car i actually paid for myself in highschool. It was a 86 Jetta GLI Wolfsburg edition dark grey with the red striping.......much like my United Grey with the Evil red grin on the front.

Medder

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a GTI owner in New Zealand. Just got this info from VW dealer:

South Africa... Australia, NZ, South Africa, Japan etc all get the GTI from
South Africa except any 4Motion Golf's they come from Germany.

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
Puebla Mexico MK3

I owned a 1994 Golf III. VW first made their transition to Mexico in 1993. I hate to say this but my Golf III was a lemon, a piece of sh$t :cry: .

Compression problems, AC issues, rear brake light went bad in one month, not to mention my engine light came on an would not go off, with the dealer scratching their heads.

In 1984, I owned a Turbo Diesel (Wolfsburg) Jetta. I best car I ever owned. :thumbsup:

I am read to come back to the "fatherland" with the MKV. :drinking:

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
I don't hear much about Brazil. But my 04 mkIV was made in Brazil. Nothing is made in Brazil anymore??? I am happy that the GTI is made in Germany.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
They do many cars there and they are sell in mexico like the Pointer is a little car well made very strong, they say is the new workhorse as it was in mexico the old Bettle, they do also the lupo, little but more well made and more luxury.

cheers

Ricardo

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
sarge1 said:
hey my mk3 was made in mexico and it never failed since day 1 of owneship.

Mine had no issues either after 5 years of ownership. Was not very attactive though-MkIII appearance design was a dog.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Mine were made in Germany!!! NICE!

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
Not all GTI's are made in Wolfsburg, they're also made in Mosel and Belgium.. I know a lot of cars made in WOB that have issues.. it doesn't means anything (I agree that is cooler to have a car made at WOB)...

Mine is 6B