GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Look at this (HOT) GTI

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Kids, don't try mods at home if you don't really know what you're doing.
And, it looks like he didn't.

BTW, when an engine compartment is ON FIRE, don't sit on top of the engine videotaping it with the hood open. IDIOT! Close the hood to cut down on air flow and get a fire extinguisher ASAP! Those geniuses let the fire progress into the cabin.

Oh boy.

TT

GTT

Touring Car Champion
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
i had a daytona turbo Z and watched it burn for 5 mins before grabbing a hose and calling the fire dept.

Was the fire in the engine bay? And, if so, did you open the hood so that you could get in there for a tight shot with your video camera? :wink:

TT

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Thats when I get on my knees clinch my fists, and burst into tears..haha, car on fire is never a good day

ttr250

Go Kart Newbie
yeah closing the hood would have been a good idea... the matting on the hood is made so that if a fire were to happen, the mattin falls and blankets the fire. gotta love german engineering:thumbsup:

edit - the fire was cause by the big turbo kit he had in the car. if im not mistaken. i think it caught the sound deadening on fire with its heat

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Ah that's nasty! Well...at least she went down in blaze of some kind.

dunski

Go Kart Champion
ttr250 said:
yeah closing the hood would have been a good idea... the matting on the hood is made so that if a fire were to happen, the mattin falls and blankets the fire. gotta love german engineering:thumbsup:

edit - the fire was cause by the big turbo kit he had in the car. if im not mistaken. i think it caught the sound deadening on fire with its heat

you are correct.