GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gonna get a GTI! Need help deciding a few things...

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
Well I'm going to get an MKV this summer and I need some help deciding on a few things...

First is color...I'm torn between tornado red and candy white.
If it helps, I plan on getting the Rieger kit (the good looking one..) and a 30% tint.

Next is wheels. I want to go aftermarket and I really like the BBS RS-GT in the diamond finish, but I can't decide whether I want 18s or 19s...Is the ride a lot rougher? Is the car noticeably slower with the 19s? I wanted to get them from Tirerack but they don't seem to carry them for the MKV...

Performance wise, I know I want to get an APR chip and quad exhaust to go with the Rieger rear, but I can't find the Milltek quad exhaust anywhere...

The things I do know: 6 speed and leather/sunroof package...

Thanks a lot everyone and I look forward to officially join the forum when I get my car!:thumbup:

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I would go with the Tornado red, 18" wheels (performance will be the same, cost will be less than 19's and ride comfort will still be there), Rieger front lip, rieger "infinity" side skirts, and quad outlet rear lip. The milltek exhaust is available through www.stratmosphere.com or at least they should be able to tell you more about it.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
thanks for your input MAlby7 !

this is the kit I'd like to get:

I know it looks sick in red, but what about white!

I'd like to replace the honeycomb with some kind of mesh instead...

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I really prefer the white, especially with the 18's that the factory sells. Good luck and enjoy your car.

19's are a bit extreme, especially where I live in the Northeast. Bent rims are EXPENSIVE.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
herrstreet said:
I really prefer the white, especially with the 18's that the factory sells. Good luck and enjoy your car.

19's are a bit extreme, especially where I live in the Northeast. Bent rims are EXPENSIVE.

yea..i think im going to stick with 18s and just give it a nice litle drop with the money i save going with 18s instead of 19s:thumbsup:

also, does anyone know when OSIR is going to start selling their parts? I might actually get this front lip instead...

GTT

Touring Car Champion
06_TR_GTI said:
thanks for your input MAlby7 !

this is the kit I'd like to get:

I know it looks sick in red, but what about white!

I'd like to replace the honeycomb with some kind of mesh instead...

Nice bits on that one. I'd go for that, but I don't like tint.
I like to be able to see and be seen.
And, I'm not a fan of chrome wheels. I do love the lip on those wheels however.

TT