GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rain sensors

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Love it, no need to switch em on though have noticed that when it starts raining it can take it a while to kick in. Did hear though that perhaps the idea was stolen as seats and most of those latin cars fiats alfas etc have emotion sensors so if the driver becomes emotional and may cry the wipers are deployed immediatly ..comments??

GTI2007

According to my knowledge the mk5 Golf only has 1 rain sensor posted on the place where your rear view mirror is attached to the front window. On the attached pic you see the rain sensor and his location

Attachments

• vis_models_comfortline_05_big.jpg
    vis_models_comfortline_05_big.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,344

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
Emotion sensors? WTF? lol

I've heard that auto wipers are a pain in the winter when the streets are only slightly wet with slush. The wipers kick on and smear the gritty, dirty road spray all over the windshield.
That being said, I think I'll keep regular manual wipers.

jltx

Passed Driver's Ed
So if I understand correctly, most of the convenience features we can't get on the US GTI are in the rear view mirror: auto-dimming, homelink, rain sensor. Does anyone know if the wiring exists to connect to wipers? What I really want is the feature that auto-closes the sunroof when rain starts.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Shovels said:
latin cars fiats alfas etc have emotion sensors so if the driver becomes emotional and may cry the wipers are deployed immediatly ..comments??

WTF!?!:laughabove: I wonder what happens when your mad? Boost raises to 30psi, the car lowers, and the exhaust widens to 4 inches :iono: .....:laugh:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I could care less about auto wipers. I do like the fact that when mine are on and I come to a stop they slow down to intermittent. I showed my wife tonight while it was raining and came to a stop. She looked at me..... then continued talking about whatever she was talking about. My wife is used to little gadgets amusing me.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The windows going up and down without pushing your arm panel buttons amazed me..soo little gadgets I love

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
loccusst said:
I showed my wife tonight while it was raining and came to a stop. She looked at me..... then continued talking about whatever she was talking about. My wife is used to little gadgets amusing me.

:laughabove: Notice how neither one of you knew/cared what the other was talking about. That's mariage for'ya. By the way I'm married too....that type of stuff happens all the time :thumbsup:

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
^That's cool. I've never heard of them before. I'd really like to see them though. I wonder do they have'em in english?

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Bouston said:
WTF!?!:laughabove: I wonder what happens when your mad? Boost raises to 30psi, the car lowers, and the exhaust widens to 4 inches :iono: .....:laugh:

That only happens when the car is constipated.

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
the_saint said:
I'm not sure if they have them dubbed in english or not. I got all three off ebay for dirt cheap but they are subtitled in english.

They're pretty cheesy, but then again, I like cheesy. :biggrin:

Are these the same movies that the present day movie "Taxi"(with Queen Latifa) was based off of? I'll watch anything that involves cars at least once.