GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting a 2006 gti

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
Well im in Canada I dont know what is a mkv cuz here we dont have that name, all we go is the gti with diffrent rims but it is a 2.0 fsi trubo. I have a few questions, manual vs auto/tiptronic is there much of a diffrence with the auto vs manual im leaning towards auto since I have never owned a manual. Is the engine the same as a a3/a4 2.0 fsi tubo if not what are the pro's cons vs those engines.

I am going to drop 10 000 $ on a down payment in september for the car, and put 10 000 $ in upgrades what upgrades do you suggest I want to get it chipped new exaust/cat lower it possibly new rims sound system is there anything else?

How are the stock tires in the snow if I don't have to buy winter tires I don't want to but doesn't bother me much.

So this is what I am going to get, I hope I can get it for 35 000 $ tax inc

Black GTI

Engine: 2.0L Turbo 200 HP 4 Cylinder
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/DSG & Tiptronic
Tires: P225/45HR17 Performance AS
Wheels: 7J x 17 in Alloy
Fully Reclining Front Heatable Sport Bucket Seats
Radio: Premium AM/FM w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer
Luxury Leather Package

* Power Tilt & Slide Glass Sunroof w/Manual Sunshade
* Includes tinted glass, pinch protection and driver's door power lock operated convenience closing feature.
* Top-Level Sport Front Seats, Leather Seating Surfaces.
Power Tilt & Slide Glass Sunroof w/Manual Sunshade

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
First of all, DSG is not the same as the 6-speed tiptronic transmission.

DSG is a dual clutch transmission i.e. one clutches 1,3,5 gears and the other 2,4,6 gears. It is capable of shifting in only 8 milliseconds. DSG shifts faster than a manual hence 0-60mph times will be reduced from 7.1s to 6.8s.
The drawback is its heavier than the manual gearbox.

The engine in the GTI is the same as the A3. 2.0 FSI turbo.

Mods, I will first go for a drop then chip.

Last edited:

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
did u say 35000 including tax? which is 30434 before tax? I am not sure if you have any super tactics to deal with the sales, but here is my story.

I got the exact same package (17', DSG, Leather package, sunroof) but in white, and it's 34000 before tax (which comes to 39100 after tax). and the listed price should be 35055 (including FDI, admin fee...etc) so I already knocked down more than 1000 from the dealer.

so if you wanna get $30434 at fully-loaded, thaz almost 5k below the listed price.

keep us updated on how much you get from the dealer~