GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ONBOARD COMPUTER

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
In Australia, there is no option to purchase the "highline" computer. It's only available if you order SatNav.

If you don't get SatNav, the MFD is a split screen with warning lights in the top half and MFD in the bottom half.

mercut

Passed Driver's Ed
well...in europe there are 4 lines of equipment for the normal golf... trendline confortline sportline and highline...and each has got its own characteristics..

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
As has been said above in Europe and the UK we get both versions.

The 2 screen version is standard and is called midline
The FULL screen one is called highline and is a £45 option here.

the highline lets you change some of the cars setting but i don't miss it as i have access to VAGCOM that lets me change them anyway.

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
Tensixty6 said:
In Australia, there is no option to purchase the "highline" computer. It's only available if you order SatNav.

If you don't get SatNav, the MFD is a split screen with warning lights in the top half and MFD in the bottom half.

Hm. The GTI in HK doesn't have SatNav as an option. So I guess we're stuck with the "midline" 2 screen version. :iono:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
already been said, the us gets the highline computer, it's an option otherwise in europe and elsewhere. wat a concept, the us gets something better in a golf than the rest of the world, what is going on??? ;)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Don't get used to it cause it will probably be the only time...

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
That's strange. I just checked the Danish price lists and there is no option for that but only navigation which is $6000. Damn I hope mine has the big display anyway. The GTI I test drove didn't have navigation, but still had a big display.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Here in the US they just make us pay for it if we want it or not. As far as options go we get no package, package 1, or package 2.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
snoopy said:
As has been said above in Europe and the UK we get both versions.

The 2 screen version is standard and is called midline
The FULL screen one is called highline and is a £45 option here.

the highline lets you change some of the cars setting but i don't miss it as i have access to VAGCOM that lets me change them anyway.

^^^

What he said about midline and highline.

Don't know if it was said before, but the differences in the steering wheel controls are 05 model and 06 model. Yvel has an 05 multifunction wheel, as do I.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion

screens are split into 2. top one doesnt do anything though cos i didnt go for that option.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
LordNikon said:
Hm. The GTI in HK doesn't have SatNav as an option. So I guess we're stuck with the "midline" 2 screen version. :iono:

So does Japanese spec has 2 screen version. We do not have SatNav for an option. I took dealer option navigation 7inch LCD monitor with HDD.