GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance problems?...

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Jeez, that sounds great, I mean I have one speeding ticket still on record, but thats fairly descent. Your record good? but do you trust them and are they reliable? I like State Farm but they're stabbing me in the back with this

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
but wait, USAA isn't that strictly military oriented?

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
brother I have been wit usaa since 1995, I get my fair share of tickets but i am confident they do not get reported (gonna go off on my tangent know cause I know your gonna ask) due to the fact that I have always over paid them by $3. The court house mails you back your refund and you do not cash it, this leaves them with an open transaction therefor they do not report it. I thought it was BS until i was renewing my Motorcycle insurance and they did a driving record check and found nothing!!! The other thing i have going is no reported accidnets in shit 10 years maybe, and I am 32 and my wife is 30. They are the most reliable insurance company I have ever dealt with. The accident I did have was in Germany, with my MK2 to be exact, the other guys insurance company did not want to accept fault, usaa told me to take the car to the shop pay my $500 deductible and in about 3 weeks my car was fixed, usaa took the other company to litigation i guess and i got my $500 back. The only draw back is are you military? cause here are the applicant requirements:
Who can apply?
*Active duty officer and enlisted personnel
*National Guard and Reserve officer and enlisted personnel
*Officer candidates in commissioning programs
*Former spouses and adult children of USAA members
I do not think any of these are waiverable either though
their web is www.usaa.com and the insurance # is 1-800-531-8111 (24hrs i think)

Oh yea I am not a usaa employee or stock holder, merely just a military officer trying to help out anyone with the best insurance/banking company I have ever dealt with.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
yea I have no military orientation so I'm pretty sure thats not gonna work, but thanks for the heads up

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
sorry dude. hate to get your hopes up then let you down like that, guess i should come out with that first. Ill keep my ear to the ground though.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Its cool man, maybe I'll just swing the "making the parents cover" insurance thing...we'll see, but like I said, just curiousity talking, I wasn't necessarily looking to switch, just compaing.

Herby

Autocross Newbie
I get the city issue and age costs I guess...my ticket should have cleared by now seeing as how it was a few years ago and my last one was cleared through traffic school:biggrin:

I have allstate and pay 764 every 6 months for a 86 nissan 300zx and my 62 beetle is under my father so its 300 something every 6 months (full coverage)

erick.s

Autocross Champion
I use MetLife and my insurance for the GTI is $940 for the whole year. I have full coverage including glass, 300/500/300 and a $250 deductible. I am 30, married, have good credit, and own a home, so all that factors into the rate.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
WOw.....I don't know much about insurence...but I got 3 friends one drives a bmw 330i, one drives the new ML350 and another drives an Audi A4...they pay like near 4000 a year...is this way too high?...or wat?...also we're all college students, plus less than a yr driving exp.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
hakgwai said:
WOw.....I don't know much about insurence...but I got 3 friends one drives a bmw 330i, one drives the new ML350 and another drives an Audi A4...they pay like near 4000 a year...is this way too high?...or wat?...also we're all college students, plus less than a yr driving exp.

that's too high... I know people with 2 DUI's who pay less.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I checked and my best rate is $1100/year through Ameriprise (Costco). 25yo, no tickets, no accidents.

I currently pay about that for my 97 Miata at Amica. However, Ameriprise for my 97 would be about 900/year. A 2006 Miata is 1000/year.

So no big difference to me.

I can't believe some of you are paying over $2000/year! God thats a lot of cash.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
oh you guys are goin to love me, i work with allstate since i was 16 and i get employee rates. I only pay 50 dollars a month for insurace. I get everything that allstate has to offer, and trust me there is a lot

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
Icranon said:
oh you guys are goin to love me, i work with allstate since i was 16 and i get employee rates. I only pay 50 dollars a month for insurace. I get everything that allstate has to offer, and trust me there is a lot

Thats awesome! If it wasn't for high insurance rates I would have gotten a car long time ago.