GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front European License Plate Bracket?

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone know where I can buy a front Euro License plate bracket? I have a Euro plate I want to mount on the front. Also does anyone know if it requires drilling?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Where's IRC? I bought my GTI at Gunther VW of Coconut Creek (off 441, before Sample Rd.) and I saw they were selling Euro plates. I'm not sure if they had brackets though :iono:

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
Indian River County. My GTI was going to be sent to Gunther from port, until the dealer from Aristocrat snatched it for me up before it left port.

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
Thanks.....just ordered it. If it requires drilling I just wont do it. Otherwise expect pics soon. If anyone has Euro front plate on their N.A. mkv let me know how it worked out for you.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Where did you get your EU plate? The ones I find online look pretty damn cheezy.

I think the new EU ones are made from reflective plastic... Can someone in Europe confirm this? Also, I noticed that the small plastic screws come nicely colored so that they mount flush with the plate itself.

I'd be interested in getting some high-quality EU plate. Not those crappy ones available online (probably discarded from the 1980's).

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
You can buy it here. I think it requires drilling.
http://www.hillsideimports.com/Detai...69&category=10

Be wary of the plastic studs for fitting - the left on mine keeps coming loose and plate is then just sitting there so have to keep re-seating...not the best design as curve in front bumper places pressure on the studs so they should have been stronger methinks. Dealer says they will fix it when its next in.

The plates are indeed reflective plastic.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Can you take some close-up pictures?

of my plate?? Nahh not the nest idea mister as we actually need to have the Vehicle reg on em here and not someat you want to be publishing up on the web :thumbsup:

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Shovels said:
Can you take some close-up pictures?

of my plate?? Nahh not the nest idea mister as we actually need to have the Vehicle reg on em here and not someat you want to be publishing up on the web :thumbsup:

You can photoshop out the actual letters. I'm curious to see the look and quality of the plate material itself.