GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JEEP SRT8 > GTI ?

mcgti6

Ready to race!
hey guys,

wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Jeep SRT8....i am on the fence about getting one for my next daily driver. i have a dog and would like to just throw him into the trunk when we go on our long road trips; cant really do that with the 2 door gti.

i'd like to hear any good/bad input you guys have on the SRT8. looks like a fun suv to have. imo, interior looks pretty similar to the GTI...

thanks

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes.

horrible MPG, but great power, brakes, and baller factor, sure.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Personally I've always loved the SRT8. There's something about a Jeep that will blow the doors off 95% of things on the road that is fun. The new 2014 is even better with the 8spd auto and the refreshed exterior and interior.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
Yeah, mpg sucks on it, but i only drive like 8miles to work everyday so it's not a huge deal to me. I probably will wait for the new model to come out on it since the MotorTrend review on youtube said the transmission is clunky.

I've never had a car with more than 4 cylinders so I am really wanting to venture into bigger engines

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Uh, it is a 'high' performance suv. It is expensive to buy and run. If you put any serious mileage I wouldn't,t get one. Just get a Laredo and keep the gti.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the new one has been out for a while now.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
All those high performance SUVs are nice, just hella expensive. I'd rather have a sport sedan and then a basic jeep for bad weather / hauling. I can't imagine ever wanting to get a real nice suv dirty even, which really makes them pointless really. But that is me, I'm not a huge fan of SUVs.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
agreed

mcgti6

Ready to race!
GunKata,

lovin the white SRT8 you found!!! & my boss just got a caddy CTS, they are sexy but I don't like the interior a whole lot.

Interior is a HUGE factor to me. And, yeah, I guess I could always get a beater suv for the trips. It would save me some $.... but I do lust for the SRT8 haha

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
CTS-V... V!!!! ;) 565 supercharged V8 horsepowerz, mang!

mcgti6

Ready to race!
I didn't even think about looking at the BMW x5's, forgot about those. I don't like how the dash and center console is styled/arranged. But I do like the seats and exterior.

I think SRT8 > X5 still... thanks for the idea though!

My fiance really likes the Infiniti FX35, but I HATE the interior on it.

There are a couple ppl around here with the Jeep SRT8 and they sound freaking amazing in person. Video reviews on youtube don't do it justice.