GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JEEP SRT8 > GTI ?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
rockchops,

yeah there are other CARS for 60k that i'd want if I wanted a car, but I wanted an SUV with a sporty style, nice interior without the "oldman" kinda feel to it. seems like all the luxury suv's are meant for old ppl ha.

im only 25 btw.

Ehh I think there are a lot of non-old ppl SUV's around.

Range Rover Evoque
Ranger Rover Sport
X5M
Q7

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
There was a statement in a Car and Driver article about towing capacity in the SRT8, i think the wording was something like "not recomended". Practical and that SUV don't exist in the same sentence. They are cool though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes^

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
rockchops,

yeah there are other CARS for 60k that i'd want if I wanted a car, but I wanted an SUV with a sporty style, nice interior without the "oldman" kinda feel to it. seems like all the luxury suv's are meant for old ppl ha.

im only 25 btw.

Yeah I get that, just seems like a crazy comparison to me but hey, whatever. I wouldn't count out a used S4 avant, an a4 avant or an a6 avant (3.0 :drool:)

McQueen77

Banned
^^ haha, nice!

OP, why not just buy a beater jeep to throw the dog in and keep the GTI as a commuter? commuting day to day in that car will destroy your wallet and having one car that your dog also spends a lot of time in is pretty gross brah..

Shini

Go Kart Champion
hey guys,

wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Jeep SRT8....i am on the fence about getting one for my next daily driver. i have a dog and would like to just throw him into the trunk when we go on our long road trips; cant really do that with the 2 door gti.

i'd like to hear any good/bad input you guys have on the SRT8. looks like a fun suv to have. imo, interior looks pretty similar to the GTI...

thanks

I'm confused, I've taken my dog on long road trips in the back on my 2 door GTI with not an issue?

Blankets, tarps, heck the make this as seen on TV tarp you can lay down to protect the interior, dog was happy, plenty of space for him to move around in and he LOVED sticking his head out of the sun roof every now and again while we drove.

I say keep the GTI? What do you mean you can't do it in a GTI? What problem are you having? I mean if you have a new foundland dog then yeah that's not going to work lol..