GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

spessx

Ready to race!
In the previous model years these cars have been in a similar pricing category: $35-$38k. Assuming that doesn't change for the 2015 model year, which car would you choose and why?

Again, this is which car would YOU choose - not which car should I choose.

-s

**get's some popcorn**

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
2019 Veyron

mcfaddenmkvi

Ready to race!
I'd pick the R for two reason. The R has all wheel drive and the new mustang looks like a ford fusion in the front.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
R because AWD, tuning capabilities (if you're into that), uprated power output, and sexy interior styling, and 4 doors. As much as I love the GT, the new one looks kinda funky. Plus since this is a VW forum I am biased.

I see you drive an s2k...that's awesome, if you keep it and buy an R you will own 2 of my dream cars, add an evo to your garage and I might have to go to TX and take yo carz.

220volt

Ready to race!
One is RWD and one AWD. Haven't test driven R before. But having been underwhelmed with Mustangs before, I would probably got with R. Mustangs just felt heavy, clunky and no fun.

spessx

Ready to race!
R because AWD, tuning capabilities (if you're into that), uprated power output, and sexy interior styling, and 4 doors. As much as I love the GT, the new one looks kinda funky. Plus since this is a VW forum I am biased.

I see you drive an s2k...that's awesome, if you keep it and buy an R you will own 2 of my dream cars, add an evo to your garage and I might have to go to TX and take yo carz.

Yes, I've got a 2001 S2000 that I bought CPO from Honda in 2003. It's the Honda racing colors (white w/red) and has the factory aluminum hard top. I've got the grey CR wheels on it too. It's been a fun little car. Tons of abuse and track days with zero issues. I'd have to save up for the R!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
1. mustang since you live in texas, traction isnt much an issue year round
2. mustang if you plan on keeping golf r or stang stock
3. golf r if youre gonna tune it to be faster than a mustang
4. mustang if you dont mind missing out on dat superior interior

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I really don't enjoy mustangs at all except for the old classics in the 60's so I'd hands down go with the R. The tuning capabilities on the R are top notch. The interior of the R is far superior to almost anything else. The exterior of the R is sleek and sexy where as the mustang just looks like a giant turd. Plus I don't want to get laughed at driving down the road for owning a mustang, its a mid life crisis car in my opinion and I do chuckle almost every time I see one driving down the road.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Since you drive a S2k and live in Texas, get the Mustang.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I've got a 2001 S2000 that I bought CPO from Honda in 2003. It's the Honda racing colors (white w/red) and has the factory aluminum hard top. I've got the grey CR wheels on it too. It's been a fun little car. Tons of abuse and track days with zero issues. I'd have to save up for the R!

Damn dude...That sounds gorgeous, any pics of that bad boy? :drool:
Just one...PLEASEEEEE! lol