GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Personally, I'd have to test drive each. The R is front-biased awd, but Halidex v4 should help with that (don't know how much). The Mustang is feels huge and heavy like a boat, but IRS and double-balljoint tie-rod ends should help that (again, don't know how much).

I'd lean towards the R simply because it's a hatch and lightweight. I prefer smaller cars.

spessx

Ready to race!
Damn dude...That sounds gorgeous, any pics of that bad boy? :drool:
Just one...PLEASEEEEE! lol[/QUOTE

I'm not sure how to post a pic.

It may take a little trial and error.

Attachments

• S2000.jpg
    S2000.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 239

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
then if your replacing your daily, golf r. replacing the s2k....mustang

Agreed.

Also on timing. Golf R is a year away. Mustang later this year.

Also, a lot can happen between now and then.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Wow man super clean s2k, I almost bought a 03 a few years back when I had my mkv. It was clean title 44k original miles and he wanted 11k I was so ready to buy it, got sold the day I went to sell my car. Anyways, keep the s2k! Or sell it to me... whatevs. I'm dying to drive the piss out of one of those little monsters.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I'm interested in what everyone else would get. Not me.

having lost my ass on a new mustang GT to get a lower payment and a 3 year old GTI...... golf R

spessx

Ready to race!
Wow man super clean s2k, I almost bought a 03 a few years back when I had my mkv. It was clean title 44k original miles and he wanted 11k I was so ready to buy it, got sold the day I went to sell my car. Anyways, keep the s2k! Or sell it to me... whatevs. I'm dying to drive the piss out of one of those little monsters.

It wouldn't make sense for me to sell it now. I couldn't really get much for it and there's not anything I can replace it with that would be better for the money. Maybe it'll be a classic.

-s

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Whichever one doesn't have round HVAC vents.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'd trade your GTI in for a MK7.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
It wouldn't make sense for me to sell it now. I couldn't really get much for it and there's not anything I can replace it with that would be better for the money. Maybe it'll be a classic.

-s

True that man. Great car. Drive it till it can't be driven anymore. That is the only real Honda performance car worth owning.