GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Bulbs??

DooMMAsteR

native German
blue and purple are fine and bule even good in dry conditions
but when it is et outside yellow wins :) water absorbes less of the yellow light and thus more is reflected to the drivers eye
a light temperature between 3800 and 6500 is optimal (lower better when wet, higher better when dry)
and 6000Kelvi are the warmest in the range for good lightning (good when wet and even better when dry)
everything over 6000K is not really good (here in Germany everything over 6500k is illegal on the streets)

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
my buddy has 60$ 6k bilbs and hasnt had a problem i know you get what you pay for but for 1/3 the price i'd try em ill try and get the site

DigitalN.

Passed Driver's Ed
the most light that you get is from a 4300K bulb, (or around here, 4500 etc.) anyone who says 6000k or 8000k are brighter is lying.

DigitalN.

Passed Driver's Ed
they are brighter"/whiter but have less light out put rite
?

4300k put out the whitest light, which in turn is brighter, and makes it easier to see the road. The bluer the bulb (6000, 8000, or even 12k) the less light it puts out, and the blue or purple will make it so you have to look harder at the road, thus straining your eyes and making you more tired.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
4300k put out the whitest light, which in turn is brighter, and makes it easier to see the road. The bluer the bulb (6000, 8000, or even 12k) the less light it puts out, and the blue or purple will make it so you have to look harder at the road, thus straining your eyes and making you more tired.

yeah i know i am considering 6k but on the other hand i have a hard enuff time seeing at night

DigitalN.

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah i know i am considering 6k but on the other hand i have a hard enuff time seeing at night

If you have a really hard time seeing at night an alternative to just new bulbs is getting 55W ballast and bulb combo, isn't cheap, but is MASSIVELY bright, its like driving with the sun out in front of you.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
6K is absolutely perfect! Yes I did notice a slight different in light output from the stock 4300K lights. BUT these 6K's are brighter to me, and have a nicer blue/white mix to them. I wouldn't go with 8K, way too blue and ricey, plus u won't see shit at night. I bought my bulbs for 60 bucks off a well known seller on vwvortex and their great, screw spending like 200 on philips bulbs.. People who buy that are just suckers, I've been running over 8 months on these bulbs and no problems

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Super blue would be like 8 or 10K.. The higher u go the bluer it would be and eventually be purple

FISHSCALE

Ready to race!
6K is absolutely perfect! Yes I did notice a slight different in light output from the stock 4300K lights. BUT these 6K's are brighter to me, and have a nicer blue/white mix to them. I wouldn't go with 8K, way too blue and ricey, plus u won't see shit at night. I bought my bulbs for 60 bucks off a well known seller on vwvortex and their great, screw spending like 200 on philips bulbs.. People who buy that are just suckers, I've been running over 8 months on these bulbs and no problems

do you have pics of your lights i def want to change mine but i dont want to look to ricey like you said,just something more blue and brighter....

FISHSCALE

Ready to race!
Super blue would be like 8 or 10K.. The higher u go the bluer it would be and eventually be purple

bro i see you live on longisland is there anywhere i can just go buy them?i seen a place on hempstead tpke that said they had them, but i did not know the number...and they seemed a little shady....they wanted 120....who does your work,where did you get your car flashed at?im new to the vw world....

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Go with 6K I swear to you that you'll absolutely love it! Gets rid of the yellowish to the stock bulbs and gives it a whiter bluer light output. Makes it soo damn good looking, don't bother with ricey 8 and 10K bulbs. 6K man I promise

FISHSCALE

Ready to race!
Go with 6K I swear to you that you'll absolutely love it! Gets rid of the yellowish to the stock bulbs and gives it a whiter bluer light output. Makes it soo damn good looking, don't bother with ricey 8 and 10K bulbs. 6K man I promise

all right cool thanks man.......6k it is....