GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Bulbs??

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
bro i see you live on longisland is there anywhere i can just go buy them?i seen a place on hempstead tpke that said they had them, but i did not know the number...and they seemed a little shady....they wanted 120....who does your work,where did you get your car flashed at?im new to the vw world....

Where u from kid? I didn't buy mine locally.. 60 bucks off some dude on vortex. Go search the classifieds and search for HID bulbs and ull find it. 60 bucks shipped..

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
i just moved to mineola you?

i live out in farmingville, you should come out to some meets once and awhile.. Theres one in stony brook and also another out in seaford which is closer to you, both on wednesday nights.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Holy crap this thread is almost 3 years old. lol

I've been wanting to get 6k HID's for my car, but haven't for 2 reasons.

1.) I've been in a car with 6k and from behind the wheel, blue doesn't light up the road as much as white does (though they were drop in's in the stock Cobalt headlights).

2.) My car already sticks out, why add to it at night?

So maybe I will eventually, but I would like to see how they were in the GTI's projectors headlights before I went and proceeded.

RSC17

R32 OG
Holy crap this thread is almost 3 years old. lol

I've been wanting to get 6k HID's for my car, but haven't for 2 reasons.

1.) I've been in a car with 6k and from behind the wheel, blue doesn't light up the road as much as white does (though they were drop in's in the stock Cobalt headlights).

2.) My car already sticks out, why add to it at night?

So maybe I will eventually, but I would like to see how they were in the GTI's projectors headlights before I went and proceeded.

Well for the revival, I'll contribute. I also want to get 6000K or 8000k bulbs for aesthetic reasons but I might not like their visual performance. I'm debating this one pretty hard. I found a company selling them on the 'tex for $50 so I guess it wouldn't be too bad to swap the stock bulbs in if I don't like them. :iono:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well for the revival, I'll contribute. I also want to get 6000K or 8000k bulbs for aesthetic reasons but I might not like their visual performance. I'm debating this one pretty hard. I found a company selling them on the 'tex for $50 so I guess it wouldn't be too bad to swap the stock bulbs in if I don't like them. :iono:

Well, if you end up getting them (I think I saw that post on the tex), let us know how they perform, especially if you go with the 6k because 8k is just too blue for me.

DooMMAsteR

native German
I would try 4500k or maybe you could get 5000k....if anyone makes them

but yes, the lightoutput per watt in the blue lighband is less than in the yellow
and and blue is better fractioned by water than yellow, which makes the effect more extreme under wet conditions
but still the range between 4000k to 6000k is all fine
are 8000k or even more legal in the U.S. and covered by insurance?

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I don't think even 6k is technically legal. I could be wrong though.

it varies from state to state. most states are pretty flexible on light output and usually the legit limit is either 8k or 10k. 5k and 6k are very close and the only difference is from far back 6k has more of a blueish hue to it. not a lot but you can tell the difference.

DooMMAsteR

native German
ok...found it
it is illegal to change anything
an apporved and legal headlap must stay as it was apporved by the manufacturer
no technical change at all, no other type of lamp or anything
but by that, it would mean that you were not even allowed to use any aftermarket lamps...and had to stick to VW-Parts....odddddddd
U.S. laws are just oooodd