GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years since Sandy Hook school shooting

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
I don't want my name on a list saying what I own and what I don't own. This is not yours or the governments information to know. This can lead to information breaches that allow individuals to target myself. This happened recently when people had their carry permit information released which included their addresses for public use. I am not sure you realize this, but other governments in the past have used information contained in registries to confiscate items from people. See Germany in the 1940s for an example. I am not saying that this will happen blah blah blah put on your tin foil hat. But it can and it has in the past. If it has happened in other countries, why can't it happen in the United States? In comparison to other nations, The United States is fairly young as a nation and has many changes to come in the future. You're supposed to look in to the past and learn from it, not repeat it. I am not trying to repeat any other nations past failures.

I am not talking about an airplane. I am talking about a tool that can be used to save a life. That would be the 1900s though not 1837...

First of all, I'm not for a registry. Regardless, i get what you are saying and it's a fair point but the US constitution isn't in other countries.

Do you have a landline? Own a home? Vote? Your address is for public use right now. I can go check if you voted and where you live, how much you paid for your house..etc. In fact, some of it is delivered to my house in this thing called the phone book! ;)

Anyway, whatever. We all have our opinions.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I don't want my name on a list saying what I own and what I don't own. This is not yours or the governments information to know. This can lead to information breaches that allow individuals to target myself. This happened recently when people had their carry permit information released which included their addresses for public use. I am not sure you realize this, but other governments in the past have used information contained in registries to confiscate items from people. See Germany in the 1940s for an example. I am not saying that this will happen blah blah blah put on your tin foil hat. But it can and it has in the past. If it has happened in other countries, why can't it happen in the United States? In comparison to other nations, The United States is fairly young as a nation and has many changes to come in the future. You're supposed to look in to the past and learn from it, not repeat it. I am not trying to repeat any other nations past failures.

I am not talking about an airplane. I am talking about a tool that can be used to save a life. That would be the 1900s though not 1837...

You realize when you buy a gun a background check is issued, right? We also write down what you're buying at that moment....so.....you're already on a list - and this is regardless of what the internet can scrounge up on you at the fingertips of a 12 year old.

I'm an FFL, btw.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Who's coming for your guns? The boogeyman?

OBUMMER GUNNA TAKE MY GUNZZZZZZ

The NRA is against smart gun technology that only allows authorized owners to fire guns. Why do you think that is?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/03/proponents-smart-guns-nra-obstacle/13551659/

House fires and smoke alarms....how many die because they forget to check them?

I like technology, but with firearms....I, as a consumer, want simple, mechnical, durable. What if there are no batteries to be had (epic SHTF scenario)?

Now.....smart guzzzzz
I see where there is a market. Think wimmen and single gun owners, houses with kids, etc. If the bad guy gets it he cant shoot. if the kid gets it he cant shoot. I get how that may be an attractive feature.

That said, I am with the NRA and 1000% areee that THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A LAW REQUIRING THE USE (or on the same hand forbidding) OF 'SMART GUN' TECH IN FIREARMS. People, and the market, should govern the direction of this kind of technology.

^Exactly this. I keep an "old tech" revolver bedside in a manual combo safe (MA and a toddler, I have no other choice). Electronics fail, and semi autos jam. God forbid I ever need it and it doesn't go bang, I simply have to squeeze again. Not fumble with a mag, change batteries, put in a service call LOL.

Sup dude. Still in MA huh? Sorry to hear. :p

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
You don't know shit about smart guns if you are comparing them to smoke alarms. Someone finds that ignorance useful

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
We all rely on technology for our lives on a daily basis

Frankly the "gubment has the off switch" argument makes more sense to me

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
You don't know shit about smart guns if you are comparing them to smoke alarms. Someone finds that ignorance useful

Thank you for stating my qualifications for me as the result of making a simple (and in my opinion, very relevant analogy). I will now go sell all my guns, even the ones I built, because i clearly don't know shit about guns.
:lol:

BTW when was the last time you checked the batteries in your smoke alarms? :p

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for stating my qualifications for me as the result of making a simple (and in my opinion, very relevant analogy). I will now go sell all my guns, even the ones I built, because i clearly don't know shit about guns.
:lol:

BTW when was the last time you checked the batteries in your smoke alarms? :p

Now it's clear you don't know shit about reading. You left out "smart guns"

Argument not strong enough to actually address the point so you leave things out?

Also, love the "I have a gun so I'm an expert" logic. Solid