GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years since Sandy Hook school shooting

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
And we still haven't done away with laws preventing 8 year olds from carrying firearms to school to protect themselves.

Thanks Obama.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i think they should mandate license for gun owners and require locked safe's when not in use. Also to check anger testing in order to obtain a license in order to purchase one.

If people are angry about something random, they shouldn't touch a gun. It's the people that have the issue.

Also it was a 20 year old that carried a firearm in connecticut.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If guns are outlawed, the outlaws will have guns...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If all RPG's and tanks are illegal, only the bad guys will have them.

#freedomatallcosts

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
this is unfortunately another one of those things that easily cant be fixed

we need the 2nd amendment because people have a right to protect themselves but the guns always seem to end up in the wrong hands. We can make the laws even more strict but the people who end up using the weapon are rarely the people who have licenses/permission to use them anyway.

Should we limit the size of the gun or clip one can buy? should we test the mental capacity of an entire household before we let one member of the household bring a weapon into the home? We can force people to buy safes to keep the guns in but the safe is only as good as the person who uses it

We can beef up security everywhere (like schools) but then people will complain that their privacy is being violated

We don't need to/can't get rid of guns but we need to figure out a way to make sure people unauthorized to use them, are not using them. That's the million dollar question.

jwal

Ready to race!
So much to be said... But I'll keep it simple.

You are not going to prevent humans from hurting humans. They will find means to do so and have since day one.

oh and don't touch my guns...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

we need the 2nd amendment because people have a right to protect themselves but the guns always seem to end up in the wrong hands. We can make the laws even more strict but the people who end up using the weapon are rarely the people who have licenses/permission to use them anyway.

Should we limit the size of the gun or clip one can buy? should we test the mental capacity of an entire household before we let one member of the household bring a weapon into the home? We can force people to buy safes to keep the guns in but the safe is only as good as the person who uses it

We can beef up security everywhere (like schools) but then people will complain that their privacy is being violated

We don't need to/can't get rid of guns but we need to figure out a way to make sure people unauthorized to use them, are not using them. That's the million dollar question.

I told myself I wouldn't get too heavily involved with political matters on here, but I just have to say you hit the nail on the head with this.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
So much to be said... But I'll keep it simple.

You are not going to prevent humans from hurting humans. They will find means to do so and have since day one.

oh and don't touch my guns...

Who's coming for your guns? The boogeyman?

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion

The NRA is against smart gun technology that only allows authorized owners to fire guns. Why do you think that is?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/03/proponents-smart-guns-nra-obstacle/13551659/

zrickety

The Fixer
The government wants to take them away, they really do. As the previous poster said, guns don't kill by themselves. The only way to limit access is a biometric safety like James Bond has. Preexisting weapons and mental disorders will continue to be a threat.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
The government wants to take them away, they really do. As the previous poster said, guns don't kill by themselves. The only way to limit access is a biometric safety like James Bond has. Preexisting weapons and mental disorders will continue to be a threat.

Since you said the government "really" does want to take guns away. Must be true. I need no further evidence.