GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Like, how long of a period until you start seeing things. Weeks, months?

While it likely depends on miles driven, on my car I can deduce it was days...

I flashed what was likely the last revision from Ed while I was at WITW on 13 April 19 (Saturday).

4 Hour drive back home that Sunday.

That 2nd (older video I linked to) was the morning of 15 April 19 (Monday).

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It looks like some of you already noticed and started placing orders early this morning :).

Our annual Boost Weather Sale is live and will be active through the whole month of November!

The first round of discounts are up on the website now. Most discounts are clearly marked, but there are additional discounts on bundled items that you will only see once you add them to the cart. Go find some killer package deals!

We will be adding more large package deals as the month goes on. If you have suggestions on specific packages you’d like to see, let us know!

FYI, stock is limited and orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your products. Depending on order volume, lead times can get pretty long by the end of the sale.

https://eqtuning.com

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
damn, you throw in a free EQT base engine and DSG tune with an AP purchase?? that's very tempting indeed. even for someone that already has unitronic.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
damn, you throw in a free EQT base engine and DSG tune with an AP purchase?? that's very tempting indeed. even for someone that already has unitronic.

Yep! Figured I'd throw you guys a bone! I'm not discounting any custom tuning, but at least I can help with the OTS maps :)

-- Ed

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
anyone that has the EQT DSG base tune.. on very slow cruise with light throttle, where does your rpms sit in each gear?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
anyone that has the EQT DSG base tune.. on very slow cruise with light throttle, where does your rpms sit in each gear?

In chill mode? [emoji23] around 2500rpm, DSG6. One of the nicest parts about the DSG tune is in the all around drivability improvement. No more gear hunting at certain vehicle speeds, and gear changes are more responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
In chill mode? [emoji23] around 2500rpm, DSG6. One of the nicest parts about the DSG tune is in the all around drivability improvement. No more gear hunting at certain vehicle speeds, and gear changes are more responsive.

no way... 2500 is perfect.. even a bit high for me.. i went to coffee this morning.. almost no throttle used.. 30 mph.. D mode.. My Unitronic DSG Stage 2 keeps shifting to keep me at 1500.. i think it was in 5th gear at 30mph.. it was useless. bogging the engine.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
no way... 2500 is perfect.. even a bit high for me.. i went to coffee this morning.. almost no throttle used.. 30 mph.. D mode.. My Unitronic DSG Stage 2 keeps shifting to keep me at 1500.. i think it was in 5th gear at 30mph.. it was useless. bogging the engine.

Yuck! Ed has done quite in depth tuning on his DSG map, releasing numerous updates and revisions to get it near perfect. I’d say he’s pretty much nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Yuck! Ed has done quite in depth tuning on his DSG map, releasing numerous updates and revisions to get it near perfect. I’d say he’s pretty much nailed it.

ya i wont put this in another thread, but uni is too busy to ever answer my emails and questions. Now, I do have a special deal going with them, at least i thought I did. But I'm tired of 2 emails a year returned from them, when i email them about once a month asking about things, changes, etc. Bottom line, I need my tune adjusted, and it will prob be through EQT when i get the money saved.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
ya i wont put this in another thread, but uni is too busy to ever answer my emails and questions. Now, I do have a special deal going with them, at least i thought I did. But I'm tired of 2 emails a year returned from them, when i email them about once a month asking about things, changes, etc. Bottom line, I need my tune adjusted, and it will prob be through EQT when i get the money saved.

Better take advantage of the sale. Free ECU/TCU bass maps with purchase of an AP!

— Ed

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
Can you tell me how the street logging works (I know it's using the AP). Like what kind of logs are required for the custom tunes.

Also, if the access port and a custom tune is purchased from EQT, do you get the EQT base map tune as well?

Thanks.