GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It looks like some of you already noticed and started placing orders early this morning :).

Our annual Boost Weather Sale is live and will be active through the whole month of November!

The first round of discounts are up on the website now. Most discounts are clearly marked, but there are additional discounts on bundled items that you will only see once you add them to the cart. Go find some killer package deals!

We will be adding more large package deals as the month goes on. If you have suggestions on specific packages you’d like to see, let us know!

FYI, stock is limited and orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis. The sooner you order, the sooner you get your products. Depending on order volume, lead times can get pretty long by the end of the sale.

https://eqtuning.com

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
You guys are awesome! 12 turbos ordered over the weekend alone!

-- Ed

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
such an epic deal, I love my car but I probably should have gone with EQT turbo, especially at this crazy price, going to be a lot of very fast little VW hatcbacks out there once this is all said and done!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
such an epic deal, I love my car but I probably should have gone with EQT turbo, especially at this crazy price, going to be a lot of very fast little VW hatcbacks out there once this is all said and done!
Dont forget about us big fast sedans [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Glad I held out for so long. Such a crazy good deal. $1600 for a standard EQT Vortex and Boost pipe kit. Crazy sauce.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
Let’s call it the pump gas package or PGP if you will. It would include vortex XL, wastage actuator installed and calibrated, boost pipes/couplings with muffler delete, and HPFP internals. That is what I’m after.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Let’s call it the pump gas package or PGP if you will. It would include vortex XL, wastage actuator installed and calibrated, boost pipes/couplings with muffler delete, and HPFP internals. That is what I’m after.
I like that Pump Gas Package idea, minus the XL housing. Doesn't seem to be much point in that, running pump gas. Good stuff! Now I just need some money...

Sent by a loser using Tapatalk

J_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 gti
Wish I waited for this boost sale for my vortex a couple months ago :eek:

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Wanted to throw a quick update since it's been about a year since I got my turbo.
My wife is out of town for a week so I've been switching off between my car and her completely stock '17 Sport (like mine but in Red!)

For daily driving around town in traffic taking the kids to daycare/school and commuting to work, there is barely a difference in drive-ability. For anyone on the fence with concerns about is20 --> hybrid turbo, don't be. With a good tune, you aren't going to have any issues. I get the same MPG as my wife's stock are around town, and about 2-3mpg less on long highway trips, which I attribute to the DSG tune holding 5th and not bumping up to 6th gear(which I don't use unless I'm cruising at 65+)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Wanted to throw a quick update since it's been about a year since I got my turbo.
My wife is out of town for a week so I've been switching off between my car and her completely stock '17 Sport (like mine but in Red!)

For daily driving around town in traffic taking the kids to daycare/school and commuting to work, there is barely a difference in drive-ability. For anyone on the fence with concerns about is20 --> hybrid turbo, don't be. With a good tune, you aren't going to have any issues. I get the same MPG as my wife's stock are around town, and about 2-3mpg less on long highway trips, which I attribute to the DSG tune holding 5th and not bumping up to 6th gear(which I don't use unless I'm cruising at 65+)

Thanks for the update. What DSG tune are you running?
— Ed

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion

good notes. I have a turbo with similar response to an EQT and even though the dyno looks like it should be noticeably less torque etc, in real life driving around you don't even notice it basically at all. I think a lot of that is because the is20 and is38 have big torque spike right around 3k rpm but then fall off where as the hybrids carry the torque way better so the "peak" torque numbers look lower/slower but they hold the torque so much better.

roystr

Ready to race!
I'm considering this turbo, but am unclear regarding what I need for fuel system support. I'm sure that has been asked/answered many times but this thread is now 132 pages long. Maybe we can get an FAQ posted on page 1?

On the EQT site, they show 2 fuel pump options: Walbro low pressure fuel pump kit and an Autotech high pressure internals kit. Can I run just one or the other for E30? I'm guessing I'd need both for full E85.

Thanks.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm considering this turbo, but am unclear regarding what I need for fuel system support. I'm sure that has been asked/answered many times but this thread is now 132 pages long. Maybe we can get an FAQ posted on page 1?

On the EQT site, they show 2 fuel pump options: Walbro low pressure fuel pump kit and an Autotech high pressure internals kit. Can I run just one or the other for E30? I'm guessing I'd need both for full E85.

Thanks.
There is actually a FAQ Page on the EQT site that mentions this I believe