GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Fix the mounts proper. Didn’t take any pics of the trans side but, basically since the BFI mounts don’t come with the alignment “window” I took the measurements off of the OEM mounts for the centering holes on both mounts and marked those locations on the BFI mounts and on the factory brackets. To properly align everything to center, my motor needed to be pushed towards the passenger side and rotated anti-clockwise approximately 2mm.
If someone from BFI sees this, I would recommend drilling an alignment “window” in the bracket arms on both motor and trans mounts.
I used @Twist1 posts as reference and it was spot on. All the NVH I was getting is finally gone.
Before:
331140D4-88CD-417D-B277-ED16F86D71B9.jpeg

After:
521BAB72-3CF6-4762-9EE5-78948420B368.jpeg

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Fix the mounts proper. Didn’t take any pics of the trans side but, basically since the BFI mounts don’t come with the alignment “window” I took the measurements off of the OEM mounts for the centering holes on both mounts and marked those locations on the BFI mounts and on the factory brackets. To properly align everything to center, my motor needed to be pushed towards the passenger side and rotated anti-clockwise approximately 2mm.
If someone from BFI sees this, I would recommend drilling an alignment “window” in the bracket arms on both motor and trans mounts.
I used @Twist1 posts as reference and it was spot on. All the NVH I was getting is finally gone.
Before:
After:

On those just use the bracket yeah. It would be hard to add one like OEM on those as they are different thickness/size, etc. but would be great if BFI did add a general one especially for trans side.

I need me a set of those again. These CTS are literally pointless at these levels. The new ones are $$$$ but they sure are nice!

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
On those just use the bracket yeah. It would be hard to add one like OEM on those as they are different thickness/size, etc. but would be great if BFI did add a general one especially for trans side.

I need me a set of those again. These CTS are literally pointless at these levels. The new ones are $$$$ but they sure are nice!
The motor side is easy to get parallel and <>10mm. It is certainly the Trans side that benefits from having an alignment hole to ensure that the support bracket is also parallel with the support arm on the trans mount.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
0328201212a.jpg

Part 6.

Remount tranny. I gave the bench press method one try before deciding I like my gonads unsquashed and my hands uncrushed. Lifting it isn't impossible, but jockeying it into the exact right orientation to slide on while supporting it is less not impossible.

I instead went with another budget MacGyver solution. Two points of lifting contact above and one below with a jack. It took 45 minutes of increasingly tiny adjustments, but it ended up sliding perfectly into place. I bolted it on and then bled and reattached the clutch line for a quick check. All seems well from the clutch pedal.

My joy was short lived as an unexpected snag has finally popped up. I'm having one f**k co**s*ki**g time getting the lsd back on. First it wouldn't go the last 1/2" to mate to the tranny. I knew from a vid that this is normal. Guy in said vid says he "bumped it" into place.

So, I did similar and it mated, but whats happened is its pushed the axle rod/cup out by the same 1/2".

I wrestled with it for an hour then felt myself getting too annoyed to continue. Will try again tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the subframe to take the whole lsd out. But it's very hard to get a good view / leverage on it while it's up inside that spot. We shall see.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I helped my boy put new underglow back on the car. Figured I'd post it here for some hate. Lol
Wheels are refinished and will be back on soon.

Not that I am doing underglow, but are these LED's you use these days? I remember they use to be actual neons then florescents..
I think those are fun accessories as puddle lights when you unlock the car.

For me been scratching my head whether to go with titanium finish or gloss black finish wheels next on my Golf-R. I'll be using these wheels on my future Audi purchase as well, not that I am replacing my Golf-R any time soon.