GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Won't lie, I've been eyeing a Crosstrek recently. Been looking for a relatively inexpensive AWD vehicle with higher clearance for camping. The last few sites I've been to this year have been pretty sketchy, especially with a plastic oil pan.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
One thing to keep in mind is they don't listen. They might hear you, but they don't listen.

I practice panic stops with her in parking lots I've told her if i stay at STOP!. you put the clutch in and slam on the brakes.

So the i yell STOP!
"Do you want me to stop? Why do do you want to stop? There's nothing there."

😔.

Oh and you might tell them straight into the garage and straight out. They will forgot that by the time they get the next Snapchat
Kids park in the driveway. Thems the rules.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well now you tell me.
My son went through 2 bumpers in the HS parking lot and plowed an Outback into a curb trying to show off in the first year. I thought he'd got it out of his system, but he's 29 now and has curbed every wheel on his GTI , a dent in drivers door from driving into a pole in a parking lot and both bumpers are scuffed up. Worse, it hasn't been washed inside or out in a year.

I had to buy and maintain my own cars when I was young, so I tried to take care of them. He got to drive all new or newish cars and didn't do anything to take care of them. I even paid for all the service on his 18 GTI for 7/70 and he won't even take it to get the oil changed for free.

Kids. Seriously, WTF?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Won't lie, I've been eyeing a Crosstrek recently. Been looking for a relatively inexpensive AWD vehicle with higher clearance for camping. The last few sites I've been to this year have been pretty sketchy, especially with a plastic oil pan.
Considering my GTI is lowered, the clearance on the Crosstrek I am still drooling over. Will add a skid plate and tranny/rear diff covers as well.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Changed the oil on both golfs. Also changed out the runner flap sensor. P2015 code is gone but we'll see how long it lasts.
Also changed out all the wheel bolts for a black set from APR.

PXL_20240427_212845598.MP.jpg
PXL_20240427_231344841.jpg

PXL_20240427_233748696.jpg
PXL_20240428_201844182.jpg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
After putting about 500km on the car this week after having it back, and the verkline stuff to settle in. Did an alignment verification and double checked everything. Track time is inching very very close!

PXL_20240428_211402099.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
My son went through 2 bumpers in the HS parking lot and plowed an Outback into a curb trying to show off in the first year. I thought he'd got it out of his system, but he's 29 now and has curbed every wheel on his GTI , a dent in drivers door from driving into a pole in a parking lot and both bumpers are scuffed up. Worse, it hasn't been washed inside or out in a year.

I had to buy and maintain my own cars when I was young, so I tried to take care of them. He got to drive all new or newish cars and didn't do anything to take care of them. I even paid for all the service on his 18 GTI for 7/70 and he won't even take it to get the oil changed for free.

Kids. Seriously, WTF?
I am mad for you. My kids are too young to drive so we will see what the future holds.

I also paid for each car I owned. I was really into Honda CRXs when I was younger and owned 3 of them over the years. I washed them every week and even polished around the rusty wheel wells. The interiors were spotless. I'm still like that with my cars.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Considering my GTI is lowered, the clearance on the Crosstrek I am still drooling over. Will add a skid plate and tranny/rear diff covers as well.
Just go full on and get a Forester. They may be slow but they sure are safe. I flipped one 2 years back and walked away entact although with a concussion.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Just go full on and get a Forester. They may be slow but they sure are safe. I flipped one 2 years back and walked away entact although with a concussion.
get the Fozzie with STI engine.....Mmmmmmmmm

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3