GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
eBay Twintercooler. Will go on this weekend. Tired of 120 - 130 degree IAT's.

IMG_20200723_170132.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Hope your car is not a Mk7.5. If so, you'll need to mod the brackets.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hope your car is not a Mk7.5. If so, you'll need to mod the brackets.

Nope. 2016 SE. Should fit perfectly fine without modification.

Interested

Here's a thread with almost 500 posts on it.

This is the exact one I bought. You can get it a bit cheaper shipped from China, but patience isn't one of my virtues. I didn't want to take the chance it with everything going on. The ones from China said it wouldn't arrive till August. This shipped from in the US, and arrived in 2 days.

General consensus is it's better than nothing, but nowhere near as good as a stock location replacement. But leagues easier to install. Probably would have just gotten the ECS FMIC, but it is out of stock until September.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Can't imagine it performing any worse than the ECS piece. The ECS one probably fits better.

Last edited:

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Got some new shiny boys straight from Latvia. NVH free camber gains!

I'm finding the build dates on these super curious, they(VW AG) keep re-stocking them, for what is a limited-run vehicle. Generally they would VIN lock them to prevent built up stock being bought up by enthusiasts, so the fact that they keep manufacturing them... its definitely unusual.

FWIW I think its the actual hub carrier hole that's machined slightly differently, with everything else being the same.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm finding the build dates on these super curious, they(VW AG) keep re-stocking them, for what is a limited-run vehicle. Generally they would VIN lock them to prevent built up stock being bought up by enthiuthests, so the fact that they keep manufacturing them... its definitely unusual.

Might be because it's just a machining change. They can run them with the same castings, same fixtures, same machining centers, just a gcode tweak. Makes production easy, way lower cost than keeping bumpers, spoilers, etc. in stock.

Reactions: q74

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
FWIW I think its the actual hub carrier hole that's machined slightly differently, with everything else being the same.
How could it just be the carrier hole when the hub bolts to the face of flat section of the spindle. I don’t see how clocking the angle of the hole can adjust camber, maybe it’s the hole at an angle and milling the mounting face at an angle

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
I wanted to get the MST TIP, but they've been out of stock for a while, so I ended up picking the CTS one.

20200723_215935.jpg

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Came home today to a nicely packaged Littco L450. Fed Ex actually called me and asked what was in the box before they cleared it for delivery from the Hub. Strange but I guess it was necessary due to the fact it was from over seas.

Attachments

• 67187AFC-E5F9-41C3-8D27-60412424DA11.jpeg
    67187AFC-E5F9-41C3-8D27-60412424DA11.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • AEC86212-5F94-4D72-BAFA-21A52A6D579F.jpeg
    AEC86212-5F94-4D72-BAFA-21A52A6D579F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 109