GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That is true i do remember @El_bigote_AJ posting also so thanks to you also! Im gonna install tonight.
Y’all gotta stop ordering from him so he can work on my custom trim ring and boot 😂. It didn’t help that he got a colab project with uro tuning + covid... we started the design process back in February and he’s now getting back to a point where we can start again in August

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
3 quarts of redline MT-LV. Car just hit 50k and I don't think the fluid has ever been changed before, and I saw 50k thrown around here as a good time to change.
20200722_194456.jpg

Reactions: q74

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Not super exciting, but I plan to give these a go gapped at .28 on my stage 2 Unitronic GTI.

IMG_1772.jpg

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Care to educate me? What is that and how does it affect NVH?

these are the knuckles from the GTI Clubsport S. They provide an extra degree of negative camber. Pretty much every other way of achieving more negative camber on our cars (camber bushings, strut mounts) has some significant NVH and/or additional maintenance aspect to deal with, with the *possible* exception of the TTRS lower control arms (but they have some geometry challenges themselves).

This is exactly the same knuckle as the R/GTI come with except for some minor machining changes to achieve that extra degree of camber. Because of that, there's ZERO NVH penalty, no additional maintenance, and no weird fitment issues to deal with.

(I'm trying to get my car to handle as well as possible with minimal NVH sacrifices - RS3 LCA bushings, these knuckles, not going overboard on spring rates, etc.). There are cheaper and easier ways of getting the geometry and handling characteristics I'm after, but you give up a lot more to get it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
these are the knuckles from the GTI Clubsport S. They provide an extra degree of negative camber. Pretty much every other way of achieving more negative camber on our cars (camber bushings, strut mounts) has some significant NVH and/or additional maintenance aspect to deal with, with the *possible* exception of the TTRS lower control arms (but they have some geometry challenges themselves).

This is exactly the same knuckle as the R/GTI come with except for some minor machining changes to achieve that extra degree of camber. Because of that, there's ZERO NVH penalty, no additional maintenance, and no weird fitment issues to deal with.

(I'm trying to get my car to handle as well as possible with minimal NVH sacrifices - RS3 LCA bushings, these knuckles, not going overboard on spring rates, etc.). There are cheaper and easier ways of getting the geometry and handling characteristics I'm after, but you give up a lot more to get it.
where is the machining differences? maybe ball joint mounting holes or even the hub mounting face in cut down more at an angle?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
where is the machining differences? maybe ball joint mounting holes or even the hub mounting face in cut down more at an angle?

don't know exactly. I'd guess it's either the strut mounting pocket or the hub face. I've considered 3d scanning it but not sure there's much value other than curiosity.