GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
There are two variants based on which OEM bushing you have, make sure you grab the right one based on the photos. Install on jack stands on all 4 corners and it will slip in very easily with zero wiggling of engine around to line it up.

https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/p...n-lower-engine-mount-insert-large-diesel-2618
I think i need one of these, started to get rock again on shifts, used to be fine but im betting my o34 dogbone is bent or something. Does it matter you have the Diesel one?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If you really want to do it right you should get the hybrid lower bushing version, there is an extensive thread on it.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I think i need one of these, started to get rock again on shifts, used to be fine but im betting my o34 dogbone is bent or something. Does it matter you have the Diesel one?

does it “matter“ ? No. The diesel insert is just the least performance improvement, with consequently the least impact to NVH.

I would describe the NVH I experience with my 6MT with 034 upper insert and apr steel lower insert + apr pendulumbar to be 95% stock. Identical to stock in all situations besides whenever you’re engaged in 1st or 2nd around idle speeds (3/-4, 5-8 mph), and have to give it a little beans to get off the idle floor.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
does it “matter“ ? No. The diesel insert is just the least performance improvement, with consequently the least impact to NVH.

I would describe the NVH I experience with my 6MT with 034 upper insert and apr steel lower insert + apr pendulumbar to be 95% stock. Identical to stock in all situations besides whenever you’re engaged in 1st or 2nd around idle speeds (3/-4, 5-8 mph), and have to give it a little beans to get off the idle floor.
yeah i know they have different versions i.e track, hybrid, whatever. Thanks for clarification. I will probably go with powerflex somewhere down the line to get the whole insert instead of just the "top" for o34, but i also prob need motor/trans mounts lol

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

The diesel one is the same design, only 5D softer than ours. At $50 I was ready to toss it if it didn’t address what I was hoping it would. I was prepared to grab cs-p motor mounts and PF’s hybrid. I spoke to PF directly and felt it was worth the $50 gamble to just do this. I have zero tolerance for NVH, admittedly unreasonable, but I’d much rather incrementally test the mildest thing I can before progressing even if it means I blow a little money. It’s the same reason I’m running Bilstein B6s on OEM Springs on my R. I’m old, grumpy and picky : ) I’d rather have a stock feeling R that happens to have 450/430 whp/tq on the road than something that can attack a track the 1% of the time I’d like it to at the cost of NVH.

My specific area of annoyance was throttle left off. The motor would lurch quite a bit. The crisper/smoother DSG shift feeling was an added bonus but not something that bothered me.

You’re in philly right? Grab one, install it and if you’re not shocked at what this $50 bushing does I’ll PayPal you the cost bro! Headed to VIR now (halfway there in Strasburg VA) but I live an hour away from philly.

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Think I might go in your direction. Not really happy with the 034 lower and upper.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
yeah i know they have different versions i.e track, hybrid, whatever. Thanks for clarification. I will probably go with powerflex somewhere down the line to get the whole insert instead of just the "top" for o34, but i also prob need motor/trans mounts lol

if yours are stock, then yes. you need upper mounts.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Think I might go in your direction. Not really happy with the 034 lower and upper.

interesting. I've got the 034 upper but the APR lower (+ apr pendulum) and it did everything i wanted it to, and nothing I didn't. you're IS38 though, so your needs are vastly greater than mine lol. I'm making 210/250 AWHP/AWTQ

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Torque Solutions shifter bushings + this:

DE926B4C-F0AF-43AC-9A3F-1F5BAF342E01.jpeg

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
interesting. I've got the 034 upper but the APR lower (+ apr pendulum) and it did everything i wanted it to, and nothing I didn't. you're IS38 though, so your needs are vastly greater than mine lol. I'm making 210/250 AWHP/AWTQ
It’s mainly dashboard shaking vibrations when I don’t take off in 1st with enough revs. Doesn’t like to be lugged. Maybe it’s a 6 speed thing.