GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
It’s mainly dashboard shaking vibrations when I don’t take off in 1st with enough revs. Doesn’t like to be lugged. Maybe it’s a 6 speed thing.
Can confirm. I'm a low revver, normally engaged the clutch under 1k rpm before the 034 mounts, now aim for closer to 1.5k, which skips dash shake, but still feels weird. Hoping to address this with engine and trans mounts (and a clutch and RMS), I think the dogbone inserts just highlighted how soft the stock mounts are.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Can confirm. I'm a low revver, normally engaged the clutch under 1k rpm before the 034 mounts, now aim for closer to 1.5k, which skips dash shake, but still feels weird. Hoping to address this with engine and trans mounts (and a clutch and RMS), I think the dogbone inserts just highlighted how soft the stock mounts are.
Yeah I always see a mixed consensus, no NVH or slightly. I have BFI stage 1 mounts so I was hoping to have everything working in parallel smoothly. But the inserts were my first purchase and never really “broke in”, which seems to mean it is working.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My Powerflex makes the car shudder like a Chevy Caprice with 8 12”s in the trunk in reverse. 1st gear I can hear heat shrouds underneath rattle if I take off with little no throttle.

Next upgrade is trans mount, then I’ll do the engine. Will probably go stage 1 BFI

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My Powerflex makes the car shudder like a Chevy Caprice with 8 12”s in the trunk in reverse. 1st gear I can hear heat shrouds underneath rattle if I take off with little no throttle.

Next upgrade is trans mount, then I’ll do the engine. Will probably go stage 1 BFI
The audi rear subframe damper helps a bit with that.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Thanks Giorgio.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

Curious, did you go diesel, street or track?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Mine is definitely yellow. It’s a great product. There’s NVH but it’s better than a vague, mushy, wheel-hoppy 4 banger.

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
I took out my clutch delay valve a long time ago and went to bleed my clutch after and couldn’t get any fluid to come out.. so I left it and never thought about it.

Winters coming so I decided to try again and again nothing came out so I decided to try taking a bleeder hose from my brake caliper filled the hose full of fluid and then putting it backwards through the clutch line to see if I could push it back instead of foreword. It certainly did, noticed fluid rise in the resovoir. After this.... not sure if I did anything and I’m not sure why I couldn’t bleed it in the first place but uh yeah that’s what I did today lol clutch still works not sure if any better