GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I took out my clutch delay valve a long time ago and went to bleed my clutch after and couldn’t get any fluid to come out.. so I left it and never thought about it.

Winters coming so I decided to try again and again nothing came out so I decided to try taking a bleeder hose from my brake caliper filled the hose full of fluid and then putting it backwards through the clutch line to see if I could push it back instead of foreword. It certainly did, noticed fluid rise in the resovoir. After this.... not sure if I did anything and I’m not sure why I couldn’t bleed it in the first place but uh yeah that’s what I did today lol clutch still works not sure if any better
Just keep in mind that the clutch pulls fluid from the top of the brake fluid reservoir, so if it's not completely full you'll just pull air into the lines.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
so whats the oem piece like 40A ? and anything above is stiffer obviously. I don't know what oem + O34 dogbone is maybe 60A ? for me, there has never been and NVH with it at all, worked great for a long time, now there is just a bit more play than i would like

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
OEM is like 0A its got massive voids (as we all know) but VW puts the same dogbone in every golf whether its got a 1.2l or a 300hp 4cyl

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I took out my clutch delay valve a long time ago and went to bleed my clutch after and couldn’t get any fluid to come out.. so I left it and never thought about it.

Winters coming so I decided to try again and again nothing came out so I decided to try taking a bleeder hose from my brake caliper filled the hose full of fluid and then putting it backwards through the clutch line to see if I could push it back instead of foreword. It certainly did, noticed fluid rise in the resovoir. After this.... not sure if I did anything and I’m not sure why I couldn’t bleed it in the first place but uh yeah that’s what I did today lol clutch still works not sure if any better
Get a speedbleeder (that particular is M8x1.25) It’ll change your LIFE.

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Don't like that Chrome badge on the back, tried the vinyl overlays, but looks a little wonky for me. Bought a black badge off Amazon, shipped from China. Yes black, black plastic, no coating, and folks have griped about those fading. So I decided to throw some paint and clear coat on mine before installing. See how it turns out after drying tomorrow.

View attachment 187409 View attachment 187410 View attachment 187411 View attachment 187412 View attachment 187413
All fit pretty darn good. Snapped solidly into place. Popped the thing about 20 times to see if it was going to fall off. All good so far.
Bought it off Amazon from this link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YNXDNTG

Edit: Sorry, the car is filthy.

1602653767132.png

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Installed Southbend stage 3 clutch and Wavetrac.

Can't really give feedback yet as break in is 1000 miles.

Only thing I can say is pedal effort is about 100% more. It's pretty heavy compared to OEM which was admittedly too light. Got used to it within the first few miles of driving. Did seem to engage much more smoothly than OEM. With OEM, seemed like there was too much guess work of engagement point and timing for smooth shifts. Much easier now.

Very little chatter. Or maybe not sure what I'm listening for. Honestly with radio on, didn't notice anything, until I turned off radio and AC. Then I noticed a slight chatter just off idle...maybe??? Not the best when it comes to nvh and sounds.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Installed Southbend stage 3 clutch and Wavetrac.

Can't really give feedback yet as break in is 1000 miles.

Only thing I can say is pedal effort is about 100% more. It's pretty heavy compared to OEM which was admittedly too light. Got used to it within the first few miles of driving. Did seem to engage much more smoothly than OEM. With OEM, seemed like there was too much guess work of engagement point and timing for smooth shifts. Much easier now.

Very little chatter. Or maybe not sure what I'm listening for. Honestly with radio on, didn't notice anything, until I turned off radio and AC. Then I noticed a slight chatter just off idle...maybe??? Not the best when it comes to nvh and sounds.
Congrats and welcome to the SB family. Best of luck with the break in.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Grats man. Wavetrac is like getting your BiS weapon. 🍺

Best in slot = BiS (for this of you who didn't know what that meant. Not me of course 😶)

Can't wait to try it out on autocross end of this month.

Congrats and welcome to the SB family. Best of luck with the break in.

When mechanic said 1000 miles, about passed out. Then the sensible side said of course you can do that and not hard launch or drive aggressively. That lasted about 30 miles. Dropping kids off at school this morning. 4 way stop sign. 3 cars get there before me. 1st goes and the other 2 just stay there because they're on their phones and don't know who got there first. After waiting for 2 seconds aka an eternity at 4 ways, I take off aggressively. Immediately felt terrible...not for the 2 idiots on their phones, but for the clutch. But I'm going to be better now.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Some folks reflash back to stock when they break those in. Also keep it on normal mode.