GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I honestly don't think the majority if rioters had any plans at all.

Most of them were just angry sheep following a few bold morons. I don't think even the bold morons had a real plan either, other wise they would have accomplished something since they got in so easily.

I agree. But a lot can be done with a dumb mob with pitchforks using the right techniques. They, like the pipe bombs were wielded as distractions, it was a feint, a tactical implementation of the mob to cover other movement and infiltration.

The planning groups/conspirators did have a plan. It’s subtle, but it’s very easy to spot if you know what to look for. This was a planned and almost successfully executed terroristic attack on our government.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh hey, Rudy was only talking about a violent TV show where they killed each other to take power when he said "trial by combat". I'm glad he cleared that up.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Of course I don't. If you'll remember as I said before when I was in school we recited the Pledge of Allegiance everyday and I was proud to do so. Now saying the "under God" part is left out by many people.
thoughts on this? I believe it was added in the 50's. I'm not really a fan of nationalism but having been places I am mostly glad to live in USA....ignoring last 4 years and who knows for next 4 if we can pull our heads out

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
You don’t catch the irony at all, do you. Nice add with the title, proves my case.

you never cease to amaze.

Irony is Zrick's weakness. It's like sarcasm to Jim. Both completely impervious, and wouldn't notice it if it smacked them in the face.

cb1111

Why is this the jump I have been seeing lately? Are people so spun up in the “us vs them” rhetoric that they actually believe most Americans don’t think that way? I am all about exercising your Constitutional rights, but stepping over the line is stepping over the line. We have laws for it, and if you break them you should pay. Is there some faction, position, group who thinks that because someone condemns the insurrection they must also support riots with relation to social and racial justice? As if it’s an either/or situation.

That said, folks pulling the “well look at what they did” argument seem to forget the locality and timing of the insurrection. While both are absolutely wrong they are on different levels. One was a series of riots, the other an actual insurrection against the constitution and republic. Both are abhorrent, and both groups should be held accountable. I just have an extra special ire for those who shit on my Constitution while crying about their rights therein. It was more than just a bunch of flag carrying Karen’s and Chads, there was organized groups actively attempting to overthrow the basis of our republic. These are effectively cult members who are only now seeing the light. I hope they are made examples of, as well as the elected leaders who opted-in. Show the world that our democracy and rule of law will not hold back for feelings, and is stronger than the lies of a wannabe two-bit dictator. I can’t wait to see Trump’s dick drug through the dirt as an embarrassed, financially ruined, and destitute shell of his failed bravado. Then I hope to see him as a man without a country. Either that or just simply rotting away in jail till his all caps obituary. Once he’s provided due process that is.

I draw the commonalities between 9/11 and 1/6 based on the use of force/terrorism in attempt to inflict harm on the sovereignty of the United States. While the death tolls are significantly different, were the fundamental means and goals all that different? That is, terror, violence, and damaging this nation. I guess the difference really lies in the number of Americans who actually support the insurrection because racist, Nazi, or just believe Trumps con. The methods were different, but the desire and outcome the same.

As for Rittenhouse, he made his bed, hope his conscience catches up soon... he doesn’t seem to realize the gravity of what he did. With luck, a Jury and Judge will help him figure things out.

Yes the insurrectionists believe themselves to be patriots, but their belief is grounded in a hill of lies. It pains me to see how many Americans are willing to give up their lives and livelihoods for a single man and his cons, while becoming traitors in their own right. These are simple minds who were radicalized by an authoritarian regime, a cult, to believe Trump is the only answer to the questions they don’t actually understand. It’s sad that so many allowed this piece is shit reboot Hitler’s path, but I’m happy to see it failing.

I agree that we need to heal, and we need to reconcile. But before we can reconcile, they must first repent, be punished, and forever labeled a traitor to their nation.

We also need to kick the loser trophies off the shelf. Confederate icons and remnants should be treated as those of the Nazis in Germany. Wipe our public spaces of their memories, and teach the truth to our children about them. Times up on their culture of hate, welcome to the winning side. Don’t like it, no problem, I’m sure there’s room for you somewhere else. No, damn that sucks, guess you’ll just have to conform.

The Republican Party is on the verge of collapse, and their leadership knows it. Those who don’t exit the Trump train now, will crash. Some have already set their course, and I look forward to their spectacular falls from grace. Any moderate Republican on a primary ticket will punt these seditionists back under the rocks from whence they crawled.

TLDR: I got on a soapbox.
There are a couple of legitimate ways of addressing this, and just bulldozing the memorials is seldom the right way. Both in Germany and in Austria, some of the sites and memorials are put in context. Auschwitz and Dachau still exist with the proper context explained. In Vienna, you can see names engraved on the sidewalk and in city halls throughout Europe, you'll see paintings of past mayors in full Nazi uniform with a plaque that describes what (bad) things they did.

At Wounded Knee, there are signs explaining the battle from the viewpoint of the different participants and cities like Williamsburg reenact life in colonial times complete with actors describing their life, duties, viewpoints and so forth.

By removing all of the monuments, are we doomed to repeat our mistakes? If we only teach one side of the story, are we doomed to repeat the bad parts?

I am dismayed at speakers at universities getting booed before they have even had a chance to speak. Opposing viewpoints are good as they can be discussed and people can make up their own minds.

There are ways of discussing the bad parts of history without glamorizing them.

The civil war happened, slavery happened, the final solution happened - it all needs to be put into context and our youth needs to learn that those (and all sorts similar things) can never happen again.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
138587069_10164819257035512_630900534572673153_n.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
There are a couple of legitimate ways of addressing this, and just bulldozing the memorials is seldom the right way. Both in Germany and in Austria, some of the sites and memorials are put in context. Auschwitz and Dachau still exist with the proper context explained. In Vienna, you can see names engraved on the sidewalk and in city halls throughout Europe, you'll see paintings of past mayors in full Nazi uniform with a plaque that describes what (bad) things they did.

At Wounded Knee, there are signs explaining the battle from the viewpoint of the different participants and cities like Williamsburg reenact life in colonial times complete with actors describing their life, duties, viewpoints and so forth.

By removing all of the monuments, are we doomed to repeat our mistakes? If we only teach one side of the story, are we doomed to repeat the bad parts?

I am dismayed at speakers at universities getting booed before they have even had a chance to speak. Opposing viewpoints are good as they can be discussed and people can make up their own minds.

The civil war happened, slavery happened, the final solution happened - it all needs to be put into context and our youth needs to learn that those (and all sorts similar things) can never happen again.

But that isn't what happened in the US. We allowed southern states to whitewash the civil war and slavery.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
^agree. However removing them from places of honor and changing names is an idea I like.

EDIT: to CB's post and plz stop interupting me. In addition to talking slow I'm not a fast typer.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
thoughts on this? I believe it was added in the 50's. I'm not really a fan of nationalism but having been places I am mostly glad to live in USA....ignoring last 4 years and who knows for next 4 if we can pull our heads out
Every one has a different god. And some people don’t even believe. So yeah I get it. A country can’t identify with a religion. Since a country isn’t human.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion

Like u said. Monuments do have a type of power. They remind us of particular events. Hence why they’re targeted.

I think a few nationalities here are entitled to revenge. And seeing them destroy slavery reminders (for example) I get that. Totally get that.

I don’t see why some white nationalists feel they have reason to try and wreck the capital. Like I said previously, if it were natives. I’d hate it. I’d be pissed. But I couldn’t say they had no reason.

maybe this is why some uninformed folks draw these comparisons. Cuz they don’t get it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

I was punchy when I typed that up. But yes. We need to remember and teach history. I’ve been to the sites of Auschwitz, Dachau, Sobibor and Treblinka. My barracks in Grafenwoehr was a former SS building and still bore the helmet over the Swastika above the door (since torn down) I’ve been to Manzinar and Hart Mountain, the latter with my best friend who’s mainly was interned there. I’ve been to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I was in Iraq in ‘04 and fought for someone else’s freedoms... and oil. History needs to be tought in its ugliest and rawest form lest we forget it.

We need to strip the monuments to the confederacy, not the history.

Reactions: WAP