GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech HPFP DIY/Tips

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I was unable to get the autotech retainer back off but have taken apart oem pump and reassembled reusing stock retainer.
interesting that you couldn't get the autotech one out. I thought the split retainer would have been the easy part. good to know.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Ed from EQT said there was some tolerance issues on some Autotech HPFPs. I don't use the HPFP for ethanol, just more as safety on my Stage 2 tune, and it's not tuned for it anyway, so no loss if I remove it. Just want to make sure it runs reliably. I think I previously put my log chart where the HPFP was a little wonky in the high RPMs after I installed it.

if i was able to not break my stock retainer, would I be able to re-install the oem HPFP or do I have to get another OEM HPFP?

Got this code when i actually drove it like I was 85 years old, and never hit more than 8 psi
View attachment 197817

Yes there has definitely been a rash of Autotech issues /seizing lately. I suspect a bad batch... sorry :(.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Ed from EQT said there was some tolerance issues on some Autotech HPFPs. I don't use the HPFP for ethanol, just more as safety on my Stage 2 tune, and it's not tuned for it anyway, so no loss if I remove it. Just want to make sure it runs reliably. I think I previously put my log chart where the HPFP was a little wonky in the high RPMs after I installed it.

if i was able to not break my stock retainer, would I be able to re-install the oem HPFP or do I have to get another OEM HPFP?

Got this code when i actually drove it like I was 85 years old, and never hit more than 8 psi
Interesting. I've had some weird fuel cuts after shift changes that I've never been able to track down since my HPFP install. Makes me very curious now. Never any codes or CELs at all. Just throttle/boost cuts.

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, great input from everyone. Just finished putting my pump together at work ;-) gotta love that. After install I will be continuing Strat. stage2 protune IS20. I want the added head room for a few more psi and want to run E85. So I'm curious with IS20 are we able to turn the boost up and run full E85 with this pump? If anyone is in the same boat as me let me know. Thanks guys

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Diggs. Thanks, I notice you had some build up on your auto tech. I actually had residue on the stock piston when I pulled it out. Look more like dried gas corrosion though. I only ran 3 gallon of E in the car total.

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Does anyone know if there is a way to test a pump before installing it to the car? I purchased a used OEM pump that I was thinking of dropping internals into so that I can keep my stock pump as a backup but the replacement pump was damaged in shipping and the sensor on top is pulling off. The seller is ok with taking it back but if it can be used I would still like to keep it. Anyone know if this can be saved?

B9584453-F824-4B66-9600-15AB6C38CC34.jpeg

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
sheesh the regulator is as much as a pump it seems.

Yes, I've looked to see if I can find it separately but no luck. The seller refunded me and let me keep the pump as he has no use for it either. Can the regulator from my current pump be swapped onto this one. I would still rather have my stock pump as a backup and its probably easier to swap sensors rather than internals back and forth. What do you guys think?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Yeah but it is super tight. I pulled one off my damaged pump and sent it to @TwinDad . Maybe he never used it?
I used it. He messaged me. I told him to just try and break it free from the pump while on the car. It was a bitch to get the broken one off when the pump was loose. Then he can swap it over no problem