GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rare Ara S3 Vortex XL build

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Rare Ara, you are going have to do a smoke test to find out exactly where the leak is. Take the day off and take your car to your shop and have them perform the smoke test. You'll thank me later for it.
Figuring out a time to take it to a buddys shop to do just that. Should any pressure or smoke be flowing out of the pcv hose that connects to the TIP? I still can’t believe the pressure escaping from the injectors is normal

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I’m thinking using the hose off the boost tap for the smoke?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Figuring out a time to take it to a buddys shop to do just that. Should any pressure or smoke be flowing out of the pcv hose that connects to the TIP? I still can’t believe the pressure escaping from the injectors is normal

No, there shouldn't be.

I’m thinking using the hose off the boost tap for the smoke?

Maybe. I never done one myself so not sure where the best location to connect it is located.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
When I have run a pressure test there is a small amount of flow from that pcv hose. I keep the oil cap off as well. Seems like flow through the pcv should be normal considering it pulls air back into the intake.
I’m wondering if the pcv could leak and not throw any faults and if I should try replacing it or swapping with a catch can system. I’d rather not do the latter.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
On an XL + built motor you're just gonna chew through PCVs, either get the BL part from FCP or an aftermarket plate + can. Recommend at least getting an intake adapter like what ECS includes so you just have an AN-fitting on the inlet rather than that awful yank-off OEM thing.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
On an XL + built motor you're just gonna chew through PCVs, either get the BL part from FCP or an aftermarket plate + can. Recommend at least getting an intake adapter like what ECS includes so you just have an AN-fitting on the inlet rather than that awful yank-off OEM thing.
BL ?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Did you end up attending the cars and coffee?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Update
Made the mistake of ordering a pcv from ECS because it would’ve been here really quick. Well 10 days later it’s not. The FedEx tracking still shows as a label being created.
Nick at EQT is configuring a tune file for the upgraded sensors.
I destroyed my emd carbon lip being a dipshit while putting the car on ramps so I replaced it with a maxton. Added the side skirts as well and I think I’m happier. The lip is repairable if someone knows how to fiberglass and then painted it black.
Also painted the dipstick handle and the washer lid. People pay crazy money for aftermarket but I’ve found that proper prep and paint meant for plastic holds up great. Did the same on several parts of my trailblazer 7 years ago and it still looks great.

Attachments

• B7DD22DF-6711-4452-9891-44716B05101C.jpeg
    B7DD22DF-6711-4452-9891-44716B05101C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
  • F2F91F1C-EA1D-4F09-BA07-3FE361D103E2.jpeg
    F2F91F1C-EA1D-4F09-BA07-3FE361D103E2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 83B94293-CF3B-4A2A-BAEA-A29489DA5F39.jpeg
    83B94293-CF3B-4A2A-BAEA-A29489DA5F39.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • EB175AD4-E27D-40C3-9B3E-E132699D93AA.jpeg
    EB175AD4-E27D-40C3-9B3E-E132699D93AA.jpeg