GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

anotero

Autocross Champion
I suppose that’s possible…or, it could be possible that at the time of the writing, China wasn’t all that forthcoming with the actual numbers on the topic.

“Hmm, China…hiding or lying about something to the rest of the world…I wonder if they’ve ever done that before?” as has been frequently questioned in this scamdemic thread.:unsure:;)
Or maybe western "experts" like to pull numbers out of certain body parts. Unless we assume they never lie.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Not excusing the things the US does but if you're so ashamed of the US you're free to move to another country.
It's not free. Renunciation is not as easy as throwing out your passport. It’s a lengthy legal process that involves paperwork, interviews, and money. Because of the increase in the number of U.S. citizens seeking renunciation, the U.S. Department of State raised the fee for renunciation from $450 to $2,350, around five times more than the average cost in other high-income countries like the United Kingdom. In addition, some high-income citizens may owe a type of capital gains tax called an “exit tax” (officially called an expatriation tax).

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
People are getting along with Greekspec, and the honeymoon between Jim and the invisible troll is over. What's going on around here?

At least zRick keeps some consistency in the thread with his insane conspiracies...

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
How are masks really helping again?

COVID19 has a diameter of approximately 60–140 nm or 0.06 to 1.4 microns. While particulate matter or organisms of any size can cause adverse effects to our health, particles below 2.5 microns in size are especially dangerous.

Background​

SARS-CoV-2 infection is transmitted predominately by inhalation of respiratory droplets generated when people cough, sneeze, sing, talk, or breathe. CDC recommends community use of masks, specifically non-valved multi-layer cloth masks, to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets (“source control”), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others, and who are estimated to account for more than 50% of transmissions.1,2 Masks also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer (“filtration for wearer protection”). The community benefit of masking for SARS-CoV-2 control is due to the combination of these effects; individual prevention benefit increases with increasing numbers of people using masks consistently and correctly.

Source Control to Block Exhaled Virus​

Multi-layer cloth masks block release of exhaled respiratory particles into the environment,3-6 along with the microorganisms these particles carry.7,8 Cloth masks not only effectively block most large droplets (i.e., 20-30 microns and larger)9 but they can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles (also often referred to as aerosols) smaller than 10 microns ;3,5 which increase in number with the volume of speech10-12 and specific types of phonation.13 Multi-layer cloth masks can both block up to 50-70% of these fine droplets and particles3,14 and limit the forward spread of those that are not captured.5,6,15,16 Upwards of 80% blockage has been achieved in human experiments that have measured blocking of all respiratory droplets,4 with cloth masks in some studies performing on par with surgical masks as barriers for source control.3,9,14

Filtration for Wearer Protection​

Studies demonstrate that cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration, including filtration of fine droplets and particles less than 10 microns. The relative filtration effectiveness of various masks has varied widely across studies, in large part due to variation in experimental design and particle sizes analyzed. Multiple layers of cloth with higher thread counts have demonstrated superior performance compared to single layers of cloth with lower thread counts, in some cases filtering nearly 50% of fine particles less than 1 micron .14,17-29 Some materials (e.g., polypropylene) may enhance filtering effectiveness by generating triboelectric charge (a form of static electricity) that enhances capture of charged particles18,30 while others (e.g., silk) may help repel moist droplets31 and reduce fabric wetting and thus maintain breathability and comfort. In addition to the number of layers and choice of materials, other techniques can improve wearer protection by improving fit and thereby filtration capacity. Examples include but are not limited to mask fitters, knotting-and-tucking the ear loops of medical procedures masks, using a cloth mask placed over a medical procedure mask, and nylon hosiery sleeves.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

IanCH

Autocross Champion
You're right masks don't work! I'll be sure to tell the surgeons that I am talking to today that they should stop wearing masks in the OR, they are totally useless.

Why are we still on this? Should I tell the surgeons that they have brain damage from wearing the masks too? They have been wearing them constantly for many many hours for 20+ years.

Ban masks for doctors we need their brains to work so they can save our lives!

You people are just endlessly fucking moronic...

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
You're right masks don't work! I'll be sure to tell the surgeons that I am talking to today that they should stop wearing masks in the OR, they are totally useless.

Why are we still on this? Should I tell the surgeons that they have brain damage from wearing the masks too? They have been wearing them constantly for many many hours for 20+ years.

But it's science bro. Is the information provided by the CDC wrong?

Notice how the CDC does not provide the particle size of COVID while discussing masks. Why is that?

zrickety

The Fixer
US politicians only do as much as voters let them.
This is not even remotely accurate. We have ZERO say in what these corrupt skeletons do. They do not respond to criticism.

it's the citizens that are the problem.
Not even close. A handful of millionaires in DC and State houses are the problem.

zrickety

The Fixer

Masks do something in a surgical setting, but they don't stop coronavirus.
https://escipub.com/irjph-2021-08-1005/

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I thought masks give you brain damage? Which is it?
It's pretty clear the majority of the world is brain damaged, including many in this thread.

cb1111

Jim, you have to hate your country to satisfy him, don't bother. Guy is straight up a terrorist sympathizer and open racist.

US politicians only do as much as voters let them. Americans like the idea that we're "exceptional and number one". When you're "exceptional and number one" you think you know what's best for other countries too. Most of our country thinks a magic sky daddy favors the US over other countries. It isn't the system, it isn't the politicians, it's the citizens that are the problem. Come on, the vast majority of Americans supported invading Afghanistan and Iraq. No one twisted their arms. They cheered for it. They wanted revenge.
Fixed your post for you

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

But it's science bro. Is the information provided by the CDC wrong?

Notice how the CDC does not provide the particle size of COVID while discussing masks. Why is that?
You're both right, but you're also both wrong. There's a big difference between protection for the user and protection for others; surgeons aren't wearing masks for their protection, it's for the patient. Surgical masks are actually a great example of something that has little protection factor for the wearer, but is effective at protecting someone else in the room. There's also a big difference between a cheap, single layer, polyester gaiter and an N95 (Unreal has been trying to point this out for like 1,000 pages). I am under no illusion that my cloth mask, over my bearded face is providing me with any real protection, but it will greatly reduce any spread of virus if I happen to be a carrier. Particle size isn't super relevant if the particles are borne in a suspension; if the mask can stop or slow the droplets or vapor, it's helping.