GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FCP Euro -- Returning Fluids

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
That’s interesting. So if they can’t fulfill because of a back order they will refund the original purchase?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
They have the R-8s in stock but I don’t know who’s paying that premium for 1 step colder, essentially Stg2 plugs. May just call them to beg for 9s stock. They’re available from other outlets just not with a warranty

tigeo

Autocross Champion
If we only get them to stock the Rutheniums......

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They have the R-8s in stock but I don’t know who’s paying that premium for 1 step colder, essentially Stg2 plugs. May just call them to beg for 9s stock. They’re available from other outlets just not with a warranty
It's a little silly but I ended up with an extra set of -9s (from another vendor) while waiting on them to re-stock. They got them in and now I have an extra set (which is honestly the way to go with how often they need replacing and FCP has them backordered). If I can't keep an extra set on hand I'll probably end up switching to the -8, most people don't really need a 2-step colder plug (myself included).

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Think of it in terms of bundling - so I get my wipers, cabin filters, plugs, oil, DSG kits, Haldex kits, yadda yadda yadda there too - so a few times a year I pack up a box and go to the UPS store. Saved me quite a bit, over $500 so far so figure that's almost my stage 1 tune cost.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Think of it in terms of bundling - so I get my wipers, cabin filters, plugs, oil, DSG kits, Haldex kits, yadda yadda yadda there too - so a few times a year I pack up a box and go to the UPS store. Saved me quite a bit, over $500 so far so figure that's almost my stage 1 tune cost.

Honestly I used to think like a lot of people do, a few bucks saved here and there was a hassle if it meant mailing a rebate or going to the USPS store to ship something out.. Until I started saving the few bucks aside separately and while it may not be overnight, you sure do realize how much money you waste, and how much companies bank on that state of mind..

With that said, to those who think its a hassle, keep doing what you're doing. If everyone did it, I think the situation on rebates and FCP's return policy might be different.... and I like saving some coin when I can.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
PayPal's free returns is the game changer in regards to the FCP oil changes. If you're paying $20 to return $40 of oil, it isn't really worth it. But if PayPal will cover the return shipping cost, it literally costs nothing to take advantage of FCP's program.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
PayPal's free returns is the game changer in regards to the FCP oil changes. If you're paying $20 to return $40 of oil, it isn't really worth it. But if PayPal will cover the return shipping cost, it literally costs nothing to take advantage of FCP's program.
A little basic organizational skill is all.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

man, and I already loved PayPal. This is gonna come in handy with my 5K oil changes.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Perhaps you could make a video guide showing how easy it is to get paypal to pay for your shipping of used oil six months or so after you bought it.