GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Years ago I had this morning routine on the internet where I would read a few webcomics i followed, checked a few blogs i followed for new stuff, downloaded some pirated TOTALLY LEGALLY OBTAINED TV content, etc... and now i check this forum and another, skim Jalopnik and a few other random sites that pop into my head randomly, and then doomscroll reddit.

I kinda want to get back into checking webcomics again but not sure which ones are good anymore. anyone still look at things like that?

edit: one blog i used to look at was http://theworstthingsforsale.com/ - simply put they find weird shit for sale on the internet, mainly amazon, and then make fun of it. i'll let you see what i mean. its usually SFW.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Please, do enlighten me. How would you handle it? I'm listening, a "stern talking to"? Give me a break.

You can actually ban people from posting in a thread. You did it to me the stalling thread for arguing that it was the oil causing the timing issue, when everyone else disagreed with me.

🤷‍♂️

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
tail of the dragon
Great suggestion -- I'll have to run it by my better half. Honestly while I'd like to check out Wookies In The Woods, I'm more inclined to go to one of the 'general' g2g events, since my wife likes a lot more cars than just VWs. Nonetheless, this sounds like a great time and would definitely offer up a fun vacation.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
So I'm trying to figure out what to do for a car-oriented vacation with my wife. We live on the east coast (PA), and it seems like the closest options for VW-specific stuff are all in the Carolinas/etc. What's a cool enthusiast place to visit? I looked at BFI and ShopDAP, but ultimately I feel like it'd be an awkward 5 minutes of 'this is super cool', followed by turning around and going somewhere else. What kind of fun stuff is along the east coast that would make a neat place to spend a couple hours?
Google Car Museum (I admit to being a museum geek).

I assume you know this one:

https://hershey.aaca.com/

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You can actually ban people from posting in a thread. You did it to me the stalling thread for arguing that it was the oil causing the timing issue, when everyone else disagreed with me.

🤷‍♂️
Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

If you would kindly look back on that thread, you were being a complete dick, not simply trying to help anyone. You seem to derail a lot of threads in similar ways. The main sections I'll treat a bit differently, the forum is actually helpful for many but not when it becomes you insulting everyone who has a difference of opinion. Off topic, nobody comes here looking for help with their car so I really don't care enough to play judge and jury and start banning everyone who says something controversial. I don't care at all.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Great suggestion -- I'll have to run it by my better half. Honestly while I'd like to check out Wookies In The Woods, I'm more inclined to go to one of the 'general' g2g events, since my wife likes a lot more cars than just VWs. Nonetheless, this sounds like a great time and would definitely offer up a fun vacation.
doing a bit of research:

Wolf Pen Gap Road, GA​

seems like a fun time but results may vary depending on how loaded up your car is...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

If you would kindly look back on that thread, you were being a complete dick, not simply trying to help anyone. You seem to derail a lot of threads in similar ways. The main sections I'll treat a bit differently, the forum is actually helpful for many but not when it becomes you insulting everyone who has a difference of opinion. Off topic, nobody comes here looking for help with their car so I really don't care enough to play judge and jury and start banning everyone who says something controversial. I don't care at all.

Everyone can read it. I was arguing the evidence for it being oil related, which it ended up being, and what worked for me, and was literally called a liar.

So you will ban for not being helpful or being a dick, so again, you choose who you think is a dick or not. Most would read badhombres posts and conclude he's just being a dick.

In reality, your personal bias is what you use to decide who to ban from threads or the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.