GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I learned about setting up cloud backup devices, and a little further back setting up a RAID5 with OpenMediaVault, which is pretty cool stuff. I'm still torn about trying out Windows Storage Spaces, I have a server of about 45TB raw storage space that's presently being used as a backup spot for items stored in OMV. I really enjoy data management, even though my computing experience overall is largely Windows-based (so I haven't done a ton with EXT3/4, BTRFS, etc)

I'm also slowly getting exposure to Microsoft InTune and AzureAD, which is also neat but kind of makes me antsy because cloud computing is just someone else's hardware. At home I run an on-prem Server 2019 DC that also does DHCP/DNS/AD, running on a (slightly older) Poweredge T130 with ESXi 6.7 as the hypervisor.

I don't really get to nerd out a whole lot, most of my buddies at work don't want to talk shop while I get all sorts of giddy when I get presented with ideas to try and problems to try to unravel.

torga

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
@MonkeyMD posts some funny tiktok videos so I downloaded the app and quickly uninstalled it. He finds the funny ones appropriate to the thread.
If you stick with it, it learns what you like, so I pretty much get cars, funny stuff, bears, fishing, food, raccoons for some reason, football, home improvement

Examples from today

Cars
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdk6apc6/

Football
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdk6yQwt/

Fun contest
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdk6UEXR/

Getting sand out of carpet
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdk6a8tr/

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
most interesting fact/thing you have learned/about lately?
if you are a Verizon Wireless customer in the US, a new program launched recently called Verizon Custom Experience, which tracks every website you visit and every app you use. The program automatically enrolls all customers, who must specifically opt out if they don't want to be tracked.

torga

Autocross Champion
I learned someone I rolled under a bus is heading to federal pound me in the ass prison.

made my day.

You gotta elaborate a lil here, if you can. This could be a good story.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I don't know why anyone over the age of 25 would want to use that app. why would i want their userbase, over half of which has to be under the age of 20, to watch anything i would put on there. nor would i want to watch ANYTHING that they would put on there. at this point i assume that any male over the age of 25 using the app just has it to watch barely legal or younger girls doing popular dance moves.

torga

Autocross Champion
I don't know why anyone over the age of 25 would want to use that app. why would i want their userbase, over half of which has to be under the age of 20, to watch anything i would put on there. nor would i want to watch ANYTHING that they would put on there. at this point i assume that any male over the age of 25 using the app just has it to watch barely legal or younger girls doing popular dance moves.

I don't have tiktok installed, but I do periodically visit r/tiktokcringe on reddit. The vids get rehosted, so tiktok doesn't get any of my clicks/activity. Sort by top of the month and I usually find some funny things. They're not all good, but I've found some absolute gold. It's mostly curated comedy vids and I'll ignore the rants & wholesome ones.

Using the actual tiktok app puts the fear in me, kinda like Jim. I refuse.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Something like that happened to a couple people I know. They were long time stoners and then one day out of the blue smoking started giving them panic attacks.
Weed is much stronger now. Or at least really strong bones are very easily accessed.

If you're used to 8% THC mid-grades from the 90s 20%+ can be mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.