GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You were racing?
He wanted to, but that's not really something I do anymore. He got frustrated I wouldn't so he took off ahead of me.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
He wanted to, but that's not really something I do anymore. He got frustrated I wouldn't so he took off ahead of me.

If the conditions are right I’ll have a little fun. I don’t care what ya got. I tried to keep up with a Hellcat before.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
My sister was a figure skater and a very solid contender for the 88 US team. Her dreams were dashed when she crashed and fucked her knee up… bad. I was into it till my sister’s crash and mom and dad started to reign us back a touch. Somewhere there’s a picture of a little me and my hero Scotty Hamilton. Because of the family’s connection in that world we watched a ton of skating, and my parents kept track of the good coaches and their prodigy. So, that shit is in my blood. Based on that history I’ll watch figure skating from time to time, mostly during the olympics.

Watched Nathan Chen’s free program tonight to Elton’s music and was floored. Probably the best performance I’ve ever seen. I can’t think of another skater that has been talented enough to sync his moves to the musical number. He did himself and the US proud on this one.

👏👏👏
I'm pretty sure I had to sign an agreement to hate figure skating when I bought my first hockey skates...

I'm not a huge fan, but what they do is impressive and still more entertaining than football (⚽ or 🏈). The only time I've ever really followed it was 2008-2010 because my wife's cousin was winning stuff and got to skate in the Olympics. Like all sports, it's more fun if you're invested in the outcome.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
All top tier sports need an average joe for reference to keep the armchair judges in check. Change my mind.
Totally agree. Alternately, go to a minor league game of any sport for comparison. The difference in skill and speed is unreal.

This is probably why people like sports they used to play in high school or college too. I know how impossible some of the stuff NHL players do is; I would have looked like a child trying to play with any of them.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Sports is to a great extent age dependent. Most of you guys are half my age and when I was a teenager and up until my late 50's I didn't have the technology we have today. We played sports as kids because that's what was available. We didn't have computers, smartphones etc so we played sports. No electronic gaming etc.

So i grew up loving what I did as you guys have also. You didn't play sports so it doesn't mean much to you. Just as electronic gaming isn't important to me.

So it is unrealistic for me to not understand why you have low interest in sports. I admit that I lost a lost of interest simply because the amount of money the athletes make is absurd. People are priced out of going to games they had little interest in seeing in the first place. So I get it and won't bother trying to create interest in sports that just doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.