GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
You should just need to roll it all the way down and all the way back up. EZPZ.
And hold for a few seconds.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Yes, brand new that came with the APR wheels.
I’m actually making an appointment next week to get them road force balanced.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I’m actually making an appointment next week to get them road force balanced.
how much is that gonna run? let me know how it turns out (where they put weights, etc)

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
how much is that gonna run? let me know how it turns out (where they put weights, etc)
He said $45 and I have an appointment for Monday. Will report back afterward.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Two small gripes that I'm already working on: my one touch windows on the driver side aren't working so I need to try a calibrate there, and they seem to have completely removed the firewall plug+grommet in order to run the power wire. The increased intake noise is cool, but good god does the CBFA sound like shit at startup.

You should just need to roll it all the way down and all the way back up. EZPZ.

And hold for a few seconds.

One touch working now, all good.

Audio shop lost the firewall plug and can't find it. Dealership found the part in about 45 seconds, $16. Parts guy: "Just curious...did you lose it in, like, a subwoofer install? Every time." 😅

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
One touch working now, all good.

Audio shop lost the firewall plug and can't find it. Dealership found the part in about 45 seconds, $16. Parts guy: "Just curious...did you lose it in, like, a subwoofer install? Every time." 😅
You should port the part number for the next guy.

Speaking of this grommet, I need to find the grommet to run my boot gauge line to wrap that install up... been quite a while since I didn't finish that one

kalani619

Passed Driver's Ed
White line rear sway bar. Put it on the softest setting for now. Will be installing the front this weekend when I have more time. Feels pretty good with just the rear.

Do I say fuck it and cut the front sway bar off? Lol Doubt I’ll ever put the stock sway bar back on

Attachments

• 8446EC4E-D38A-437C-8067-2B881BEB989C.jpeg
    8446EC4E-D38A-437C-8067-2B881BEB989C.jpeg
    781.6 KB · Views: 61

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
White line rear sway bar. Put it on the softest setting for now. Will be installing the front this weekend when I have more time. Feels pretty good with just the rear.

Do I say fuck it and cut the front sway bar off? Lol Doubt I’ll ever put the stock sway bar back on
I loved the way my 034 RSB changed the car when I did it years ago. Glad you're diggin' the one you put on. I've heard mixed feelings as to the benefits of the FSB. I know it it makes a difference, but how it makes the car handle is obviously subjective and I'm happy with just my RSB and all the other suspension mods thus far.

If you are going to go through the trouble of installing the FSB, if it makes it easier go ahead and cut the front stock one off. Do you really plan on going to go through the hassle of putting the stock back on and getting another alignment?

Enjoy!

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

I don't think you're really saving any time cutting it out, especially if you're putting an aftermarket on. You have to lower the subframe a few inches regardless and just making extra work for yourself.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone had their window refuse to close past a certain point?

My passenger rear window will close almost all the way, giving up just an inch before being totally shut. It opens normally, and closes to that point just fine. I reset the pinch protection/window limits and disconnected the battery to remove any odd memory errors.

The window regulator seems to work just fine, spinning smoothly off the door, and both switches seem to be in perfect shape. Looks like I'll need to drill out the riveted inner panel to access the guts of the mechanism?

kalani619

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think you're really saving any time cutting it out, especially if you're putting an aftermarket on. You have to lower the subframe a few inches regardless and just making extra work for yourself.
I know I’ll have to drop the subframe about an inch to get the new one in which isn’t a big deal tbh. I’ve done a collar kit and it’s the same concept.

But getting the stock one out without cutting it seems like I’ll have to completely drop the subframe because of the sway bar brackets.