GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I know I’ll have to drop the subframe about an inch to get the new one in which isn’t a big deal tbh. I’ve done a collar kit and it’s the same concept.

But getting the stock one out without cutting it seems like I’ll have to completely drop the subframe because of the sway bar brackets.
Nah it's doable without removing entirely.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I know I’ll have to drop the subframe about an inch to get the new one in which isn’t a big deal tbh. I’ve done a collar kit and it’s the same concept.

But getting the stock one out without cutting it seems like I’ll have to completely drop the subframe because of the sway bar brackets.
You absolutely don't need to drop it entirely.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I loved the way my 034 RSB changed the car when I did it years ago. Glad you're diggin' the one you put on. I've heard mixed feelings as to the benefits of the FSB. I know it it makes a difference, but how it makes the car handle is obviously subjective and I'm happy with just my RSB and all the other suspension mods thus far.
Same feeling, upgraded the rear, I see no need to change the front

kalani619

Passed Driver's Ed
Started it after work and decided to just disconnect the control arm and subframe bracket on the passenger side. Took the old sway bar out in about an hour. Got the white line sway bar in but ran out of daylight. Just need to bolt the sway bar bushing brackets down and torque all the subframe bolts.

Attachments

• 2EF126D2-C054-4083-8072-BD00E348C23F.jpeg
    2EF126D2-C054-4083-8072-BD00E348C23F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

STG.Rob

Go Kart Newbie
I started to dig into why my AFS doesn't work. Unknown on the suspension specs / lowering components.

The sensor on the rear driver looked intact and functional, no bulbs are burned out, but my headlights don't sweep or perform any AFS function so I just continue to stare at the fault like an idiot.
Not to mention, but the headlights have a "lazy eye" effect. Usable and level light distribution but odd to look at in the housing.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Finally installed my IE intake manifold to take advantage of my Snow Meth kit that I will tackle next weekend.

17443D31-32D1-41B4-83C7-8143556042C5.jpeg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

You don't need to drop it entirely, but it will need to come down more than when you installed the collar kit. If you've already done the collar kit the bar isn't all that difficult in comparison, about the same I'd say.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
He said $45 and I have an appointment for Monday. Will report back afterward.
He ended up doing all 4 wheels for $100. Turned out one of them that was on the front had 26 lbs of excessive road force. He put that one in the rear for now. The one good thing to report is that the APR wheels are perfectly round. I called Discount Tire Direct and they're sending me out a replacement tire. I'll get it mounted/balanced when it comes in and hopefully the car will be perfect afterward.

Last edited:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
You should port the part number for the next guy.

Speaking of this grommet, I need to find the grommet to run my boot gauge line to wrap that install up... been quite a while since I didn't finish that one

The clutch pedal hole plug part number is 1K0-723-753

--

Had my car in for paint correction and full interior detail. It looks so much better 😍😍

Attachments

• PXL_20220413_202321971.jpg
    PXL_20220413_202321971.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20220413_201105100.jpg
    PXL_20220413_201105100.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58