GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Ralphie137

FWIW I heard from the dealer again the other day. Apparently all GTE orders have gone to status 00 if not already in build. This is across ‘all dealer groups’ apparently
My order for a GTE was placed 01/07/2021 and it’s never moved beyond ‘00’ according to Lex Autolease. How VW can move it to status ‘00’ if it’s never been any higher is beyond me.

The delivery date, with no confirmed build date, just keeps getting pushed back and is currently 5th September 22.

9 months and nothing, VW are at it.

DenisV

FWIW I heard from the dealer again the other day. Apparently all GTE orders have gone to status 00 if not already in build. This is across ‘all dealer groups’ apparently.
Is there somewhere I can check on this status? The Myvolkswagen tracker has been disabled in Belgium so I'm fully in the dark aside from the mails I get that the order has been postponed.

Ngl, I'm starting to worry since that last update pushing it back to August and, by doing so, setting my expected delivery at ~16months.

I hope they don't start cancelling orders.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Is there somewhere I can check on this status? The Myvolkswagen tracker has been disabled in Belgium so I'm fully in the dark aside from the mails I get that the order has been postponed.

Ngl, I'm starting to worry since that last update pushing it back to August and, by doing so, setting my expected delivery at ~16months.

I hope they don't start cancelling orders.
Did you order a GTE too??

DenisV

Did you order a GTE too??

Jup. Ordered through leasing (company car) ene of March 2021 with confirmation beginning of April 2021. Expected delivery was October, then November, then December, then April 2022 and recently got an update that they are looking towards Augustus 2022.

I have yet to see a single GTE in Belgium with my own eyes. I see mk8's on a daily basis but haven't seen a single GTE on the road here.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Jup. Ordered through leasing (company car) ene of March 2021 with confirmation beginning of April 2021. Expected delivery was October, then November, then December, then April 2022 and recently got an update that they are looking towards Augustus 2022.

I have yet to see a single GTE in Belgium with my own eyes. I see mk8's on a daily basis but haven't seen a single GTE on the road here.
Yeah, regular models tend to take lesser time than the others.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Do the windows go down fully in the back of the golf?
As they don’t in the polo
thanks
Looking at these pictures I’d say they don’t. They didn’t on the mk7 / mk7.5 either.
076356BB-4EAA-4F27-8414-FFB426334CD2.jpeg

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
3:52 Now playing Watch Later Watch Later Add to queue Add to queue

Click the link to see a nearly new GTD for approaching £42K. VW aren't the only ones at it!!
This is exactly the issue. Even though we're all waiting, we have to keep our orders because we aren't going to get a better elsewhere. Out of curiosity I spoke with a Hyundai dealer over an income i30N fastback DCT that was coming in this year. The price quoted was 187,000 PLN (39,600 EUR). My ordered GTI is priced at 168,500 PLN (35,715 EUR).

We just have to wait for our orders to be filled.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
My father ordered the facelift t roc a few days ago and he's getting it in June.... JUNE and we are waiting on 10-12 months 😂

• Wow
Reactions: wwo

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
My father ordered the facelift t roc a few days ago and he's getting it in June.... JUNE and we are waiting on 10-12 months 😂
With such a short wait time I hazard a guess it’s probably a cancelled order that’s already built or close to being built, rather than a new car that’ll be built from scratch to your father’s specific requirements.

Based on discussions over on the Polo forum, lead times on the Polo (all models) are currently around 5-6 months.

A forum member over on golfgtiforum.co.uk recently posted that a family run dealership had told them the lead time on a performance model Golf ordered through them could be as long as two years! A (smaller) family run dealership‘s monthly vehicle allocation from VW is likely to be less than that of a large multi-branch national dealership, so they won’t be able to place as many new car orders per month with the factory as a large national dealership with a larger vehicle allocation can, hence the extremely long indicated lead time. Another forum member on that forum who works for one of the vehicle leasing companies has said Mercedes have currently closed their order books for fossil fuelled cars and BMW have closed their order books.

rayaans

Ready to race!
With such a short wait time I hazard a guess it’s probably a cancelled order that’s already built or close to being built, rather than a new car that’ll be built from scratch to your father’s specific requirements.

Based on discussions over on the Polo forum, lead times on the Polo (all models) are currently around 5-6 months.

A forum member over on golfgtiforum.co.uk recently posted that a family run dealership had told them the lead time on a performance model Golf ordered through them could be as long as two years! A (smaller) family run dealership‘s monthly vehicle allocation from VW is likely to be less than that of a large multi-branch national dealership, so they won’t be able to place as many new car orders per month with the factory as a large national dealership with a larger vehicle allocation can, hence the extremely long indicated lead time. Another forum member on that forum who works for one of the vehicle leasing companies has said Mercedes have currently closed their order books for fossil fuelled cars and BMW have closed their order books.

Shouldn't believe everything you read on forums. Mercedes is actively taking orders and so are BMW. They both seem to be coping much better than VW in terms of their lead times as well.