GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

toejamtam

Hi folks,

First time poster.

Ordered a GTD with no options other than Dolphin paint. Placed 1st week OCT 21. So far says Unconfirmed BW estimated UK arrival August 22. Was originally meant to be Feb delivery then June. Is the estimated UK arrival date realistic? Not sure if its just pie in the sky stuff.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Hi folks,

First time poster.

Ordered a GTD with no options other than Dolphin paint. Placed 1st week OCT 21. So far says Unconfirmed BW estimated UK arrival August 22. Was originally meant to be Feb delivery then June. Is the estimated UK arrival date realistic? Not sure if its just pie in the sky stuff.
Sounds about right. Realistically could get pushed back a few more months until Oct 2022 though.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
This was is my confirmed build week (week 17) yet I emailed my dealer asking if build was in progress and they replied saying “no update yet but still showing this week, keep fingers crossed”. If this was the confirmed week shouldnt it already have started now?
Hows it going?

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven’t heard anything. Dealers last message was “no update, still set for this week though so fingers crossed”. Do they only inform the dealer after it’s built?
The dealer has a tracking system where they can look into build status so if they don't look they don't know.

GMan22

Ready to race!
The dealer has a tracking system where they can look into build status so if they don't look they don't know.
Then I don’t know what’s going on. They told me it was still confirmed for this week but hadn’t seen any updates on it. Maybe something went wrong

Reactions: wwo

Golfbat

FWIW I heard from the dealer again the other day. Apparently all GTE orders have gone to status 00 if not already in build. This is across ‘all dealer groups’ apparently.

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Then I don’t know what’s going on. They told me it was still confirmed for this week but hadn’t seen any updates on it. Maybe something went wrong
I’m not sure if dealers see an “in build status” on their systems/spreadsheet that they receive from VW UK, the next status change would be in transit from factory.

GMan22

Ready to race!
I’m not sure if dealers see an “in build status” on their systems/spreadsheet that they receive from VW UK, the next status change would be in transit from factory.
just got an email from my dealer saying “no chassis yet....im keeping an eye I promise!”. So it seems you can’t even fully trust confirmed build weeks haha

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
just got an email from my dealer saying “no chassis yet....im keeping an eye I promise!”. So it seems you can’t even fully trust confirmed build weeks haha
I won’t get my hopes up until I’m told it’s arrived at a UK port. I used to think I would be happy with knowing it’s on a boat, but then that car transporter sank a month or so ago!

GMan22

Ready to race!
I won’t get my hopes up until I’m told it’s arrived at a UK port. I used to think I would be happy with knowing it’s on a boat, but then that car transporter sank a month or so ago!
Yeah totally agree now. I’m in NI so it has to cross water to mainland UK then cross again to get to me. Definitely have that thought myself

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
They don't. They only see that the car has a confirmed build week and once its built they get a chassis number.

GMan22

Ready to race!
They don't. They only see that the car has a confirmed build week and once its built they get a chassis number.
Ohhhh, so it could be getting built but they only get the chassis number once it’s completed? My dealer did say she hasn’t received a chassis number yet

Reactions: wwo

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Ohhhh, so it could be getting built but they only get the chassis number once it’s completed? My dealer did say she hasn’t received a chassis number yet
That is correct as far as I know. Inbetween the confirmed build date and the car actually getting built they have no information on what is happening. After the chassis number the car soon gets status: ''waiting for shipping''

GMan22

Ready to race!
That is correct as far as I know. Inbetween the confirmed build date and the car actually getting built they have no information on what is happening. After the chassis number the car soon gets status: ''waiting for shipping''
It sounds correct based on the email an hour ago where my dealer said “no chassis number showing yet” so perhaps you’re right!