GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Happy friday the 13th

riceburner

Autocross Champion
that certainly does look like a mess... rock!

edit: whats the poster all about above your monitors?

messrock

Autocross Champion
That appreciated gain disappears super quickly though when you have to buy a new house that has appreciated just as much. Sure, we could sell our house for $100k more than we paid for it 4 years ago and make some money, but we'd then just be overpaying for the replacement house. Only winning move to selling in a hot market is if you don't have to immediately re-buy.
All of this. Our value currently is double what we paid many (many) moons ago. We would have ended up buying the same house, so we made the equity work for us to make our current situation better (updated electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling system, second bath, etc)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^nice. seemed kinda last suppery but wasnt sure lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
my friend bought a house for ~$160 about 5 years ago when he all of a sudden had a baby on the way.
Now that he's doing well financially he is selling it for $240k. Sold before he even listed it.
So, 80K in 5 years - assuming his all in bills (like water, mortage, taxes, everything) was about 2000 a month, he paid 120k in that 5 years. Subtract the 80k of 'profit' and it's like he lived somewhere for 5 years for 40k. Either that, or/and, he simply has ~80k to play with on a (obviously more expensive for the times) house.

Obviously much was lost to the taxes, utilities and interest on his loan but fuck, doesn't sound too bad to me.

The fun part for him is, he hasn't landed or even seen a new home yet, and the options sure seem to be dwindling around here now. so good luck, chuck

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Not gonna clean it up for you animals:
View attachment 249031
Mid renovation so it’s also the lounge, kitchen, jacket storage and pet food station.

Looks like my wife's office... Not one to judge, you do you. But I could personally never work like that.

Is that an unopened jar of peanut butter?

messrock

Autocross Champion
@messrock your recovery documents backlog in excel is giving me anxiety
My anxiety doesn’t allow me to clear them.

@Acadia18 it drives me crazy, but I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been able to make the clean sweep. Also - yes, fresh jar of peanut butter. My desk is also the prep station b/c the toaster oven is right next to it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
@messrock and his Excel recovery documents

8oSu.gif

riceburner

Autocross Champion
is there any reason one couldn't just swap an RS3 front end onto a golf? Like starting at the fenders... its all mqb innit? lol

Last edited:

messrock

Autocross Champion
The other item not captured is the 8 different browser windows open with 15-20 tabs each.

Grouped by project, problem, etc.

Those also don’t matter b/c something will force a reboot and I’ll never go back to them.

But I just can’t close them.

Status
Not open for further replies.