GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Been gone all weekend did I miss anything good?

Went to an off road park camping with some quads. Fucked my knee up pretty good and I'm covered in road rash. I was on a quad going up a pretty steep hill in 3rd, quad didn't have enough to get me up because I was in the wrong gear, should have been in 2nd. Anyways made it almost to the top, realized I didn't have enough and downshifted to 2nd which was my mistake. Should have just bailed. So it flipped, I went backwards on the gravel and the quad came tumbling on top of me. Surprisingly no damage to the quad, just me 😂 good times.

I dont think I'm going to be able to go to the track this Wednesday now which sucks ass.
Dude, don't break yourself. All this crap comes back to bite you after 50. I swear I feel every accident, fall, broken bone everyday now.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I had a WJ daily before the tiguan I replaced it with a few years ago. Solid car easy to work on and terrible on gas. 15/16 highway was typical. I forget is yours a v8 or the 4.0?
Mine is the v8. Just did the trip to tampa and back... with the lift and 33s i got 13.4mpg

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Do you really do mud runs?? I'm also on 33's but they are stock BFG K02 and probably tame by comparison. My Wrangler gets 17 mpg around town and 23 on the highway.
Yes, i dont swamp it like others(No mud bogging), but i do do mud pits/muddy trails and stuff. I built it a little more different than florida, its on a softer rock crawling suspension as eventually i would like to trailer it or cross country drive it to different major sites. Like Moab, Engineer/cinnamon pass (trails in Colorado), uwharrie and other mountain trails.

So for now it gets sandy, muddy, dirt trails here in florida and then gonna turn it into a more dedicated trail rig after i get a new daily.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Went to an off road park camping with some quads. Fucked my knee up pretty good and I'm covered in road rash. I was on a quad going up a pretty steep hill in 3rd, quad didn't have enough to get me up because I was in the wrong gear, should have been in 2nd. Anyways made it almost to the top, realized I didn't have enough and downshifted to 2nd which was my mistake. Should have just bailed. So it flipped, I went backwards on the gravel and the quad came tumbling on top of me. Surprisingly no damage to the quad, just me 😂 good times.

I dont think I'm going to be able to go to the track this Wednesday now which sucks ass.

Can't wait for the inevitable knee pictures when it gets infected.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Nice. I would’ve wanted the extra 5 or 10 hp and used premium. Knowing damn well I would hardly ever access that 5 or 10 extra hp
Every now and again i will do some razzle dazzle in it lol. But 20 gallon tank and goes about 180-200 miles to fill up while in the city has you start caring more about saving that extra $10 bucks or so per fill up from regular to premium.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Always forget that the C wagon is sold in Canada but not in the US. If the AMG C wagon sells in Canda, I am tempted to buy and title one and just keep driving it in the US lol.

Why not import from Canada?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

where’s the vid mang

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Yes, i dont swamp it like others(No mud bogging), but i do do mud pits/muddy trails and stuff. I built it a little more different than florida, its on a softer rock crawling suspension as eventually i would like to trailer it or cross country drive it to different major sites. Like Moab, Engineer/cinnamon pass (trails in Colorado), uwharrie and other mountain trails.

So for now it gets sandy, muddy, dirt trails here in florida and then gonna turn it into a more dedicated trail rig after i get a new daily.

You can do the 90% of the alpine loop (including engineer and cinnamon passes) in a Toyota Tercel running at least one donut spare. They are gravel roads in the mountains, nothing “difficult”. There are side trails in the San Juan Mountains that are quite technical, but the stuff you always hear about are “scary” because they are a shelf road driven by flat landers.

Most technical of the loop are Imogene and Blackbear, and both are done every weekend in the summer by tourists in stock rental base wranglers. This goes for 90% of the trails in the Moab area. You see pictures of Insta-queens doing 75’ of highly technical rock piles, but you don’t see the miles and miles and miles of snoozeville trail to get in and out of there or the bypass that won’t break shit.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
taking $3 paypal donations for Jays knee

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
CSB:

Mrs Mud telling me "Patty Smyth is married to John McEnroe" is completely different than what I heard:

"Patti Smith is married to John McEnroe"

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Dude, don't break yourself. All this crap comes back to bite you after 50. I swear I feel every accident, fall, broken bone everyday now.
Oh yeah, I'm 37 and already feel everything. Been hurting myself my whole life basically and don't see myself settling down any time soon. I like to have fun 🤷
Can't wait for the inevitable knee pictures when it gets infected.
It'll be fine in a few days

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It'll be fine in a few days

I'm feeling the love, my finger will be fine in a few days. Clutch job sucked because I kept hitting it on random things. Wrapped a blue towel around it and stuck it in my glove which helped. Took about 5 hours because I was trying to be careful and not wack it against everything.

A few days later....

1655139247627.png

Status
Not open for further replies.