GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Curious how the current heat wave in Europe will affect the tires.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Meaningless FP1 results, but results nonetheless. Lots of teams brought floor upgrades this weekend, only two races until the summer break and then the technical directive for the 'flexi-floors' come into play at Spa.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Looks like MSC is not going to keep up the momentum of recent races and KMag is going to seriously out pace him. What's Perez doing?

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Looks like MSC is not going to keep up the momentum of recent races and KMag is going to seriously out pace him. What's Perez doing?
MSC had an off during his quali lap sims and pretty much ruined his tyres. I would expect him to be similar pace to MAG.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Someone get Ferrari's strategist and save them from themselves. I also don't believe Leclerc is solely responsible for his car ending up in the wall. Now Merc is only 44 points (#blessed) away from Ferrari after this weekend. I see RB winning both titles at this point unless the TD that goes live in Spa really compromises those with flexie floor/planks.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Is the throttle pedal still the culprit? Leclerc said something about it on the radio. Carlos should have stayed out on his tires but maybe they didn’t want to chance a tire blowout.

hans611

Lost
No he cleared it up, he made a mistake, he was pushing hard after the Red Bull pitted... the radio about the throttle was after the crash, that was causing him to not be able to put it on reverse and once he realized it was over you hear the scream.

edit: It wasn't the best idea to bring the higher df package on the Ferrari, the Red Bull had 10+ mph on the straights... he had to push really hard in the corners and specially in sector 3 to claw back the time Verstappen gained on the straights...

Even when the Ferrari is a decent car, they don't dominate... Bahrain and Australia where the only races so far that was close to domination, with getting pole, fastest lap and win, but even then, in one race the Red Bull broke down and in the other, it didn't look like he had it in the bag...

Honestly I don't think he was going to win today, he was already ruining his tires (and the stint) holding the RB off... Ferrari had admitted the Hard's race pace was way slower than anticipated... Eventually Verstappen was going to breeze by in one of the Safety Car restarts we had, they were very confident...

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Is the throttle pedal still the culprit? Leclerc said something about it on the radio. Carlos should have stayed out on his tires but maybe they didn’t want to chance a tire blowout.

I think they were right to be wary of a blowout, since gambling with tire life like that has definitely bitten teams. However, Gasly did go to the end on a set of mediums and he pit at the same time as Sainz for those mediums -- 35 laps. It was possible, but y'know other factors at play.

But wasn't Sainz's 5s penalty a stop and go? Or did I misunderstand?

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
I think they were right to be wary of a blowout, since gambling with tire life like that has definitely bitten teams. However, Gasly did go to the end on a set of mediums and he pit at the same time as Sainz for those mediums -- 35 laps. It was possible, but y'know other factors at play.

But wasn't Sainz's 5s penalty a stop and go? Or did I misunderstand?
Sainz 5 sec was just a time penalty for unsafe release.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Sainz deserved a bigger penalty anyway.

His pit exit was ludicrous. He actually almost hit a crew member from another team while simultaneously cutting off another driver.