GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1111

ran across an article about a hollywood type who is in a coma from oxygen deprivation after a car accident. they're gonna be donating their viable organs when they pass, as they are not expecting them to pull through the coma.

anyone else an organ donor?
Anne Heche has more than oxygen deprivation from that accident - and her tests popped for cocaine and fentanyl. The fentanyl could have come from the hospital but it is unlikely that the cocaine came from there.

It might be hard finding an unaffected organ.

Yep, to answer your last question.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Hey now,

Mine's been moved from my living room to the GTI's hatch. Technically it's in the car. When can I expect my IAT to drop?

When you actually drive your car.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I got my ass kicked last night. What a miserable night. lol. I went through waves of night sweats with some terrible stomach pains. I'd wake up drenched in sweat and a few minutes later I'd be in the bathroom throwing up. Just dripping sweat off my face and into the toilet while I heaved. That's gotta be one of the worst nights I've ever had.

I feel a lot better this morning, other than my back being in more pain that yesterday.
Glad you made it through that.

cb1111

I got my ass kicked last night. What a miserable night. lol. I went through waves of night sweats with some terrible stomach pains. I'd wake up drenched in sweat and a few minutes later I'd be in the bathroom throwing up. Just dripping sweat off my face and into the toilet while I heaved. That's gotta be one of the worst nights I've ever had.

I feel a lot better this morning, other than my back being in more pain that yesterday.
Yeah, some people (for no good reason) have those lingering night sweats. Sorry you have to deal with that.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
In the early nineties I was on travel from Germany to Dallas to do an investigation. I was invited to dinner and wandered into the (Kroger?) down the street from the hotel to buy a bottle of wine. I didn't find any so I asked. The clerk looked at me as if I'd asked him where to buy heroin (probably easier) and said "this is a dry county!"

Same trip, I'm in Hot Springs AR. I'm invited to a BBQ, so I head to the local store for chips and beer. I get to the register and the clerk says "I have to get a supervisor" Me "why?" Clerk "I'm 18, I can't touch the beer" Me "can I run it over the scanner?" She "Sure, but you'll have to bag it yourself too"

And in Germany, my grandfather sent me to the store when I was 4 or 5 to buy him cigarettes and beer.
Where I live all the grocery stores have young kids working the register, every time you buy alcohol they have to call a manager to scan it and it takes forever waiting. Annoying really

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Hey now,

Mine's been moved from my living room to the GTI's hatch. Technically it's in the car. When can I expect my IAT to drop?
What's the old saying? "An intercooler in the car is worth two in the house?"

Hey, you're a step ahead of me. I have to buy an intercooler in the first place.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
When I got the Rona over Christmas I didn't have any stomach issues or puking which was nice, just felt like I got my ass kicked by some heavyweight boxer for about a week and then was just tired and groggy for about a week after. The brain fog was insane too, the first few days I could barely form a sentence

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
When I got the Rona over Christmas I didn't have any stomach issues or puking which was nice, just felt like I got my ass kicked by some heavyweight boxer for about a week and then was just tired and groggy for about a week after. The brain fog was insane too, the first few days I could barely form a sentence
I'm not sure I got any of that, at least yet. I definitely have a fever and that's kinda been all over the place. I was watching it closely last night. The highest I saw was 99.8 degrees, but it's been going up and down between regular temp and 99.4-99.8.

I don't have any congestion or anything like that going on. My throat is still barely sore, that hasn't gotten any worse. My nose feels good, throat feels fine, lungs feel good. I don't think I have any shortness of breath.

Right now the worst of it is this damn back pain.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure I got any of that, at least yet. I definitely have a fever and that's kinda been all over the place. I was watching it closely last night. The highest I saw was 99.8 degrees, but it's been going up and down between regular temp and 99.4-99.8.

I don't have any congestion or anything like that going on. My throat is still barely sore, that hasn't gotten any worse. My nose feels good, throat feels fine, lungs feel good. I don't think I have any shortness of breath.

Right now the worst of it is this damn back pain.

My temps kept cycling between 102.4 and 99.6 for two days. Annoying.

Get well. Hydrate and rest.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Where I live all the grocery stores have young kids working the register, every time you buy alcohol they have to call a manager to scan it and it takes forever waiting. Annoying really

When I buy wine for the Mrs. at the self-checkout at BJ's, an adult attendant has to check my ID. Policy, as there's no doubt.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
and rest.
I'm usually pretty good at that part. I hate being sick and try to just sleep through as much of it as I can.

I was a little afraid of drinking water last night. I had a sip just to wash out the throw up from the back of my throat, and I'm pretty sure I ended up throwing that up an hour later. I've had a pretty good amount of water this morning though. I feel good about keeping it down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.