GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

graeme_ncl

When did u order chap?
Sorry missed your reply! Its a bog-standard 'dad Golf', as my son calls it. Middle of the range petrol estate, VW Golf Estate Golf 8 5 Door 1.5 eTSI mHEV 150 Style DSG in white, with HK stereo, privacy glass, winter pack, space saver & parking camera.

renkpz

Hello everyone!
I hope you are doing great :)

I have ordered my first golf GTI. Especially, the golf GTI Clubsport with almost all the extras in it.
I signed the contract in July 2021. As of today, I still do not have an estimate for the build week. My hype is fading away, the waiting is killing me inside 😌.
I hope it arrives in 2022 (fingers crossed!)

Just here expressing my sadness.

I hope you are enjoying your golf mk8!

Cheers!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hello everyone!

I have ordered my first golf GTI. Especially, the golf GTI Clubsport with almost all the extras in it.
I signed the contract in July 2021. As of today, I still do not have an estimate for the build week. My hype is fading away, the waiting is killing me inside 😌.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum @renkpz!

Customers in the UK have been quoted typical wait times of more than a year for a new performance model Golf, and a ‘fully loaded’ car with most - or all - of the extras is likely to have the longest wait times, due to the increased number of suppliers involved in the supply chain. If any of those suppliers have supply issues themselves then it’ll impact their ability to manufacture parts and components VW. I‘ve read of some forum members over on vwroc.com eventually getting a build date of 20 months or longer for their cars after placing their order. By the time they actually take delivery, some of those individuals are likely to have had a wait time of around two years 😮 which is crazy for a mass produced car.

Specifying the upgraded Harman Kardon audio option has been mentioned on other forums as one of the contributory factors to long wait times - presumably HK have supplier issues in getting sufficient semiconductors to build the audio units.

Hope things improve and you’ll get some positive news soon. 🤞

renkpz

Welcome to the forum @renkpz!

Customers in the UK have been quoted typical wait times of more than a year for a new performance model Golf, and a ‘fully loaded’ car with most - or all - of the extras is likely to have the longest wait times, due to the increased number of suppliers involved in the supply chain. If any of those suppliers have supply issues themselves then it’ll impact their ability to manufacture parts and components VW. I‘ve read of some forum members over on vwroc.com eventually getting a build date of 20 months or longer for their cars after placing their order. By the time they actually take delivery, some of those individuals are likely to have had a wait time of around two years 😮 which is crazy for a mass produced car.

Specifying the upgraded Harman Kardon audio option has been mentioned on other forums as one of the contributory factors to long wait times - presumably HK have supplier issues in getting sufficient semiconductors to build the audio units.

Hope things improve and you’ll get some positive news soon. 🤞
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I remembered that when I signed the contract, the delivery date was estimated to be around 9 months. I am not from the UK, but I guess this situation is similar regardless.

And yes, I asked for the HK sound system as well. But, in my opinion, VW dealers could tell us more about the current situation. I guess I would have withdrawn the HK sound system if that was the major problem for the long delivery delay. But, up to this moment, I had zero information coming from their part... It was always me asking for updates.

Last edited:

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
And yes, I asked for the HK sound system as well. But, in my opinion, VW dealers could tell us more about the current situation. I guess I would have withdrawn the HK sound system if that was the major problem for the long delivery delay. But, up to this moment, I had zero information coming from their part... It was always me asking for updates.

That's more an issue with your dealership than VW though. Not that i'm defending VW here, i'm myself now in the 11th month of waiting for a GTE (so, not what you'd call happy), but if there's delays due to certain options, it's your salesguy that needs you let you know. VW just takes the order from your dealership.
That being said, our saleslady did indeed mention that there's more delays the more we stuff into the car in terms of options, didn't go into specifics though (and for some reason, the HK sound system isn't an option in the GTE annoyingly).

That said: she majorly missed the mark on our estimated waiting time too, so there's that. On the other hand, she updates us semi-regularly (every 2-4 weeks we'll get an email) in regards to our estimated build week.

Hope you'll get good news soon.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone!

Cheers!
I know how you feel, I ordered a fully loaded Golf R in July 2021, last update gave me a BW of Feb 23……

renkpz

I know how you feel, I ordered a fully loaded Golf R in July 2021, last update gave me a BW of Feb
Damn... That is extremely hard.
I hope I will receive some good news by the end of the year... I was told that November would be the month.
One month left, and my hopes are negative.

R_Norwich

NEW QUESTION

I ordered my new GTi in November 2021, currently (as of October 2022) I do not have a build week.
Options specified: Kings Red, DCC, Adelaide alloys, Winter Pack front, Leather seats.

My question is, will VW hold the price as they have promised they would?

Because, if I wanted to buy a used GTi, they’re currently selling for more than the price mine was when I ordered it.
If they won’t hold the price, I’d rather cut & run now as my R isn’t getting any younger and I grudge chucking money at it as it gets older - I’m already out of pocket for two tyres and a service, and the MOT is looming.

renkpz

NEW QUESTION

I ordered my new GTi in November 2021, currently (as of October 2022) I do not have a build week.
Options specified: Kings Red, DCC, Adelaide alloys, Winter Pack front, Leather seats.

Because, if I wanted to buy a used GTi, they’re currently selling for more than the price mine was when I ordered it.
If they won’t hold the price, I’d rather cut & run now as my R isn’t getting any younger and I grudge chucking money at it as it gets older - I’m already out of pocket for two tyres and a service, and the MOT is looming.
Hey @R_Norwich !

Well, I was told (by my VW's dealer) that the contract is kept under the same conditions.
They cannot ask you for more money just because the delivery is taking too much time. At least, in my case, it is not changing. Fortunately, because it was a good discount they made me back in July 2021.

graeme_ncl

Hey @R_Norwich !

Well, I was told (by my VW's dealer) that the contract is kept under the same conditions.
They cannot ask you for more money just because the delivery is taking too much time. At least, in my case, it is not changing. Fortunately, because it was a good discount they made me back in July 2021.
One of my mates has a Land Rover Disco Sport on order, they called him after several months of wait and told him the spec had gone down and price had gone up, and he was free to cancel if he wanted!!! At least I've heard no such stories from VW customers (yet....)

Rick A

NEW QUESTION

As per a previous reply, my VW dealer has also assured me that they will hold the price at the time of ordering regardless of the delayed delivery. There have been two price increases since I placed my order in November 2021. My local VW dealers publicise impending increases and state that placing an order prior to the increase will hold the lower cost.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Yay, good news for a change, although it's kinda weird to be happy about something after almost a year.

Got a video-message today from our saleslady at Sinclair VW, our car reached status 20 today, with a confirmed build date in week 46 - between Nov 14 and Nov 20.
The car was ordered on Nov 10 last year, it's a Moonstone Grey GTE with winter pack, reversing camera, HUD and Bakersfield wheels.

Very much sucks that it took over a year from order, but.. at least there's an end in sight now.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey @R_Norwich !

I refuse to cancel my order exactly for this reason. There have been two price rises since my order and my discount through drive the deal was significant.