GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
$2,450 for GTI & $3,250 for the R (because it’s only available as a DP & MP combo replacing all the way till after the OEM resonator).

I’m sure that’s some kind of jab, insinuating that’s expensive for what it is, but on that note you’ve got a open invitation to sit down and order the materials for one with me, then hang out for the 26 hours each it takes to build one, then box it up & ship it (not included in that 26 hours btw). Subtract out the 3% PayPal takes & the shipping cost & we’re right at my $70 an hour shop rate…but don’t forget to subtract the $100-$200 electric bill, & what it cost to have a $55,000 shop with about the same in tooling to enable me to build such products.
Not a jab Jake, sorry you might have taken it that way, its more the opposite. I run your FMIC and understand where the cost comes from for your work, which is TOP. I've been spinning up my own business the last year which has caused me to be very tight financially lately, right now Im trying to find $700 of maintenance items to put towards my GTI, much less towards any performance parts. She already runs good, but at 88k miles new PCV, injectors, and water pump are needed to keep her running good 100k and beyond. I expect to be better off financially not before long and will be able to afford your DP and maybe even your stealth exhaust...my dream turboback.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Not a jab Jake, sorry you might have taken it that way, its more the opposite. I run your FMIC and understand where the cost comes from for your work, which is TOP. I've been spinning up my own business the last year which has caused me to be very tight financially lately, right now Im trying to find $700 of maintenance items to put towards my GTI, much less towards any performance parts. She already runs good, but at 88k miles new PCV, injectors, and water pump are needed to keep her running good 100k and beyond. I expect to be better off financially not before long and will be able to afford your DP and maybe even your stealth exhaust...my dream turboback.

Growing pains absolutely suck starting a business, if it makes you feel better I took a 15k loss for 2022 and then my DKM clutch ordeal ran up to just shy of $5,500 (& I still need to put it back together).

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Had to tighten my rear Moog endlinks again. The driver side where it attaches to the sway bar keeps loosening up on its own. I’ve given it a few ugga-duggas but it still comes loose over time. Gonna put on some thread lock next time I guess 🤷‍♂️

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Insert foot in mouth lol, sometimes I take FB sarcasm PTSD & lay it over forum comments.

My wife absolutely hates that I do this rather than working the occasional extra shift at work, but we don’t have race cars here so that’s a hard pass lolView attachment 276657

Idk... That looks like a pretty big turbo compressor wheel to me...

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not today, but Friday. Discovered that somebody effectively hit & run'd me, while I was parked next to a friend's GR Corolla and another's Mazda3 Turbo. All of us white/WSM (I'm special), and apparently I'm the only one who got hit. We all backed in.

I'm pretty pissed, I thought it was bird shit at first but nope, somebody dinged and dashed. No note, nothing. I called the restaurant once I saw it to see if they have cameras or anything, There's regular white paint on my bumper and some scratches and scrapes, now I need to find a body shop I can trust to handle this. The bumper luckily I was able to push back into place without too much issue and the headlight isn't damaged, but it's supremely annoying. It was the first time I've had the car out since last year sometime.

Anyone in the central PA area know of a trustworthy/reliable body shop? I'm willing to spend money to get it fixed right, though I think it could be repaired to 'good enough' without a brand new bumper.

FML 🤬

View attachment 276638View attachment 276639
Thru-It-All body shop in Mount Joy, PA has a great reputation. I don't have personal experience with them but my neighbor had some extensive work done when the whole side of their minivan was smashed up. They were very pleased with their work. Like everywhere else, they're gonna be busy so it might take a while. Sucks that happened to you, man. Good luck.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Washed it!
Finished with a coat of Turtle Wax ceramic detailer.
Hopefully we've seen the end of this season's road salting.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Attempted installing the driver side under-seat storage drawer only to discover that the kits on Ali apparently are the wrong part(s). Despite the listings assuring compatibility, the drawer is clearly at least an inch and a half too tall to fit into the seat side trim and the retaining bar underneath. Ordered the OEM parts (twice the cost, alas) and will attempt to dispute (though I'm far from optimistic knowing their "customer service".) Zhong Zhong giveth, Zhong Zhong taketh away...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed the puddle lights I got from @Acadia18 . Also had a 20 pack of led strip lights off of Amazon for some lighting experiments. First on the docket was grill lights. Wanted to put them in both the upper and lower grill, but the zhong zhong fmic is touching the lower grill, so no room. I think I like the look, just a little dim once you turn on the headlights. Next project is wheel well lights. Then for the underglow lights.
20230326_204747.jpg
20230326_204640.jpg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Had to tighten my rear Moog endlinks again. The driver side where it attaches to the sway bar keeps loosening up on its own. I’ve given it a few ugga-duggas but it still comes loose over time. Gonna put on some thread lock next time I guess 🤷‍♂️

Anyone else had this issue?
I had to tighten my passenger side once and have about 9k miles on my Moog end links. Maybe try a new nut?

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
After six Wisconsin winters my trailer hitch was getting pretty rusty so I took it off to grind it down and paint it. I'm impressed with how clean the underside is otherwise. Also switched back to my summer wheels and cleaned the tailpipes.