Autocross Champion
The muscle jetta.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A few weeks ago I was at a restaurant with the wife and went to the bathroom which is small, one urinal and one shitter. Anyways I walked in and there's a kid (maybe 12 or 13) just standing there not doing anything which I thought was weird but whatever, went to the urinal. As soon as I start peeing I hear "I HAVE A QUESTION" ignored him because what the actual fuck is going on...anyways I finish and turn around and he's staring right at me waiting so I gave him the stank eye and said he probably shouldn't be hanging out in a bathroom trying to talk to adults while the piss. He then starts going into how he wants to be a stand up comic and asks if he can tell me a joke....then proceeds to tell the worst joke ever which I didn't even understand. More stank eye from me and I walked out telling him to keep working on it.

Get off my lawn
A catholic priest, a scout master, and a youth pastor walk into a bathroom...

Poor kid.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Heres my actual fun fact friday, though.

When viewing models and pictures of the solar system, we always see something like this:

View attachment 277185

In this model, the planets are to scale, but the spacing between the planets to eachother and the sun is anything but.

Ive always wanted to set this up:
If you had a football field, and the sun was the size of a basketball at one of the goal lines, the earth would be the size of a tiny bead and about 75 feet away.

We measure solar system distances in solar units (iirc) where the distance from the sun to earth is 1 solar unit.

Referring to the chart below (which, note is also NOT to scale, but has a measure line which exponentially jumps as it goes away from the sun!), Saturn is 750 feet away from the basketball.

The oort cloud (again, iirc) roughly marks the extent of our solar system, i.e., where the sun has any gravitational pull on things. If i can math right, this is 1420 miles away from the basketball in the football field. It is fascinating to me, just how far away everything actually is, and also that the sun has any amount of gravitational pull from that far away. From the edge of the oort cloud, the sun will basically look like any other star in the night sky.

View attachment 277186

Fun fact: based on the various prediction models for distance of planets from their sun, Blagg, Richardson, Titius-Bode, etc, there should be a planet between the terrestrial planets and gas giants… but there isn’t, it’s an asteroid belt.

The current belief is the material just never accumulated/formed into a planet during the formation of the solar system.

My crackpot hypothesis is the asteroid belt is the remnants of a destroyed terrestrial planet that was hit by, and slowed the object whose impact of earth created our moon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Right around the 1860s is when fossil fuel burning started rapidly becoming our main way of doing things. The slaves were freed in 1863.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
A few weeks ago I was at a restaurant with the wife and went to the bathroom which is small, one urinal and one shitter. Anyways I walked in and there's a kid (maybe 12 or 13) just standing there not doing anything which I thought was weird but whatever, went to the urinal. As soon as I start peeing I hear "I HAVE A QUESTION" ignored him because what the actual fuck is going on...anyways I finish and turn around and he's staring right at me waiting so I gave him the stank eye and said he probably shouldn't be hanging out in a bathroom trying to talk to adults while the piss. He then starts going into how he wants to be a stand up comic and asks if he can tell me a joke....then proceeds to tell the worst joke ever which I didn't even understand. More stank eye from me and I walked out telling him to keep working on it.

Get off my lawn

Sounds like the kid has some developmental issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion