GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I have such a bad cold and am so congested I almost passed out using mouthwash.

Also, what's up with Jay not just migrating this site and every iota of information to a similar site already chosen, paid for, and set up in advance? Is he stupid?
Blllloooooooowwwww meeeeee

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
someone help me - what 'special' tools do i need to do my front struts? i have a strut spreader tool and spring compressor set but its the top-hat stuff i might not have. please post you link?
An offset wrench (13/16" or 21mm) to tighten down the top nut & then a 7mm allen wrench or hex socket (IIRC) to hold the strut shaft while you tighten down the nut with the wrench

Side question: What suspension are you putting on it?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Is it the database errors or all this boring actual car talk stuff killing the csb?
Could be a blend of both, in my case i have really gotten quite busy this year with work and pregnancy. But also i feel like i became a little more boring which is sad. I remember being in my early 20's, promising myself i will always be the same silly suck, full of energy, laughter and curiosity when im 70. But my mid 30s is already clawing at my vitality and versatility, marching me toward becoming an bitter old man with a one track mind.

Or maybe its just the daylight savings lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thats cap!! And it took 3 tried to make this post!

CSB3: Forum Wiener's Complain About Forum - Mod Upset It Took Three Attempts At Changing Title​

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
We all said we wished we could be like Jim. Modding cars and shitposting on forums until our 70's.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
And by golly we just might if theres still a shitposting place that wont get flagged by the fbi for its very name

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Could be a blend of both, in my case i have really gotten quite busy this year with work and pregnancy. But also i feel like i became a little more boring which is sad. I remember being in my early 20's, promising myself i will always be the same silly suck, full of energy, laughter and curiosity when im 70. But my mid 30s is already clawing at my vitality and versatility, marching me toward becoming an bitter old man with a one track mind.

Or maybe its just the daylight savings lol
man this whole time I thought it was your wife who was pregnant, but it's you? That explains the lack of updates

really though being 'boring' isn't the worst thing, it's stability. You're making sure you're setting up a good environment for your kid, and that's some core responsibility shit. That said, you're only boring if you allow yourself to be. Take a random road trip with loved ones to go see some neat shit. Check out a new place. Riceburner another car (or twelve). Take a stock 2016 GTI all the way through an EQT Vortex, and bail on it for an 2017 R, then bail on that for a 2019 R. Drive 6 hours away for gokarting with randos you met on the internet. There's a whole world out there.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
He is about to have a baby…those times are gone!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
And by golly we just might if theres still a shitposting place that wont get flagged by the fbi for its very name

Funny enough, that name is only used here as Christened by an unnamed forum mod. If anything, this thread is what would get flagged :ROFLMAO: