GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Installed the Euro Sport Upper Front Stress Bar. Very straight forward and easy to do. Just as an FYI, I did not have the bolts and wanted to confirm proper installation. I sent an email to Euro Sport and they replied right back providing me with the bolt specs, an attachment of the instructions and offer to provide any other assistance. Great customer support.

View attachment 298467

View attachment 298468

View attachment 298469
Low cost, high reward product 🤘🏻

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
First nice sunny and warmer day in a long time yesterday, so I finally swapped in the metal oil pan and slapped on a ebay front splitter. Went for a drive and was instantly reminded of how different my GTI is compared to a normal car. I still intend on refreshing the front bumper at some point.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
It was a car care weekend for sure. Cleaned up the RS3 and put it away until EuroTripper this coming Saturday - anyone on here heading over? Then did an oil change and tire rotation on the GTI and also gave it a much needed bath.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Stock plugs and Stratified tune. Just crossed 95,000 km..
oh man.....I'm sorry......what kind of knock across the cylinders were you reading?

how long have you had the tune?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
oh man.....I'm sorry......what kind of knock across the cylinders were you reading?

how long have you had the tune?
Car probably had 25,000 km when I had the IS38 put on and then tuned. I chalked it up to bad gas, cleared codes and went on my way.

In hindsight, I was ill prepared for a road trip (900 km round trip) and did not have my AP with me. I realized quickly that the OBD11 is useless when reading engine faults due to the AP installed.

Exploring what to do next... CXCB motors are quite expensive used, not sure what A3 motors I can interchange with.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Car probably had 25,000 km when I had the IS38 put on and then tuned. I chalked it up to bad gas, cleared codes and went on my way.

In hindsight, I was ill prepared for a road trip (900 km round trip) and did not have my AP with me. I realized quickly that the OBD11 is useless when reading engine faults due to the AP installed.

Exploring what to do next... CXCB motors are quite expensive used, not sure what A3 motors I can interchange with.
so tuned with the IS38 for 70,000 km....so been running fine for 70k miles......has to be some other variable introduced for that to happen, and not the tune specifically.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
43,000 miles without changing plugs?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
strat tune and not changing plugs sooner
break this down in crayons for me. Is Strat like a plug killer? I mean, 43k miles without changing plugs is nuts, but....