GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yes, but it was the only image that Vorshlag had in their page that showed the plate mounted on a before and after opening the strut tower. I do like the way they adjust vs almost every other plate out there. And the fact that they actually machine it to the strut and springs you are using, vs a one size fit all.
It's also modular, you can have them supply a new spring perch, strut nut, or what they call a "spool" which is basically a spacer to fit different length strut rods. And it's not 100% metal on metal, there is a urethane isolator in the assembly. I believe GC offers this as an option ('2.5" hybrid perch'), but after dealing with both, I'd recommend vorshlag for being much more helpful and responsive.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
It's also modular, you can have them supply a new spring perch, strut nut, or what they call a "spool" which is basically a spacer to fit different length strut rods. And it's not 100% metal on metal, there is a urethane isolator in the assembly. I believe GC offers this as an option ('2.5" hybrid perch'), but after dealing with both, I'd recommend vorshlag for being much more helpful and responsive.

Plus Terry's meme-game is 🔥

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Corner weight the car (w/driver ballast), finally.

1706208962446.png

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Got on the horn with a vendor. Ordered the new Unitronic downpipe in Nov through [website], Unitronic sent a Mk8 one. Got a return label, Unitronic received it back but never sent the correct one, and no response to emails from [website] for 2+ weeks. Call them up, things get shouty, they put me on hold and call Unitronic, who couldn't explain the delay. [Website] told me it should ship out early next week. We shall see.

Hope the cast section and cat location of the Unitronic DP tones down the awful, tinny, metallic rattle noises I've dealt with with this Trackslag unit for the last couple years. The unholy things happening in these cars' cylinder heads around 3k RPM are not meant to be heard.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Cleaned the underside of the GTI. Anyone else do this?

Ever seen the undercarriage washers some municipalities use for their plows and sanders?
i dream of building a make-shift one to wash under the car regularly in winter.
There there though is beautiful. Would love to see how you did it.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Ever seen the undercarriage washers some municipalities use for their plows and sanders?
honestly some ramps and one of these would probably be adequate, though you'd want to make sure to flush the pressure washer after and/or bring it inside. I may start doing this quarterly on the GTI even in the nice months, just because.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
I used the above... you don't need ramps unless you are lowered. A 3' wand extension will help reach all the way under the car.

i was just looking at the spec's of it. Said it was 10" high and 10" wide. Didn't look that high compared to the width.
Wishing i'd known about this sooner. Later is better than never, right?
Thanks guys!

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
ZZzzzzt.... hello? This post is coming to you from 2026 or 2027, heck i don't know. Just wanted to let ya'll know i finished installing those pedals today. Haven't tested them out yet. My fingers are destroyed from trying to get that accelerator pedal cover off.
pedals-01b.jpg

As you can see i didn't buy the dead pedal. i have TuxMats installed and it covers the dead pedal. Not sure i got the accelerator pedal lined up as i want it. Looks a bit slanty. That might bug me.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
A lot of “elbow grease” and some rags. No salt in the roads here in SE NC typically. Once in a while some brine solution but that’s very rare.
I just used an all purpose cleaner on the suspension pieces and I also use a metal polish for the exhaust.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
A lot of “elbow grease” and some rags. No salt in the roads here in SE NC typically. Once in a while some brine solution but that’s very rare.
I just used an all purpose cleaner on the suspension pieces and I also use a metal polish for the exhaust.
i need to move. Only three years and 7k miles and i notice my subframe already has a good bit of rust forming in spots.
Thanks for the reply.