GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Got a delivery from Ross Tech. I didn't have a Windows laptop until recently and decided VCDS was a good long-term investment. I do have OBDeleven but prefer using a laptop for more complex coding and diagnostics.

Same. OBD11 is great from a convenience/emergency standpoint but I really dislike the subscription/credits model (though VCDS will likely be moving in this direction once it starts to work with SFD unlocking etc). That said, I still have my unlimited VIN cable and need to pick up a cheap/small Windows laptop to use it again since Bootcamp is no longer an option with M-series Macs (and VMs are a pain and unreliable for USB stuff).

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Same. OBD11 is great from a convenience/emergency standpoint but I really dislike the subscription/credits model (though VCDS will likely be moving in this direction once it starts to work with SFD unlocking etc). That said, I still have my unlimited VIN cable and need to pick up a cheap/small Windows laptop to use it again since Bootcamp is no longer an option with M-series Macs (and VMs are a pain and unreliable for USB stuff).
eBay Latitudes are cheap and plentiful, particularly stuff like the E7440. If you're coming from the Apple stuff, don't waste your money on Inspiron/Pavilion(or whatever HP is calling their consumer line now), a business notebook is generally going to be better built.

I honestly really like that the dongle is the software key, because it means that if my laptop has problems, I can connect to the garage computer and use VCDS.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Fresh kicks for the track season.

1708646659729.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Is that an MEB platform steering wheel? 👀
This color would have been installed on an MEB platform car, the ID4 first edition here in the US... But beyond the color, it's the standard VW group wheel now.

Has the same capacitive touch module as everything else. The different trim pieces make it car specific, you can see this one is missing the lower trim piece This is a heated wheel, but the black "Mk8" wheel in my car now is heated and actually has a later revision touch module than what came in this wheel.

The capacitive buttons are a different part number and I'm not expecting them to work but I'll try them. The bottom left has mode left and right instead of volume. The bottom of the right buttons has view left/right and has volume plus and minus in the "D-pad" area. How do you skip tracks on the ID4 🤔

Pretty difficult to get good pictures but you can kind of see it here. The left button also has the travel assist graphic instead of the driver assistance graphic. I have a 2Q0 camera that will allow me to get travel assist working in my car at some point so that's a button I need but I'll still probably end up buying a new set of buttons 😬.

IMG_20240222_164919.jpgIMG_20240222_165304.jpg

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Did you grab this off car-part.com or elsewhere? I need to replace my driver's door but hesitant about it getting damaged en-route.
I almost went with a few doors on car-part.com, but ultimately I found the best deal on ebay from wolfautoparts. Shipping was fast as I ordered Monday morning, $560 to my door. Initial inspection looks good so far.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
The last piece I was waiting on to install my new LCAs, a AliExpress dead set kit. Shipping was quick too, right at 7 days.

It looks great for $22 with shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19