GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R OE Sport springs w/ DCC

Gtibeck332

Car(s)
Mk7/mk7.5
What setting is best to do daily driver in.
There was construction and road was cut maybe 2” and when I hit that drop it made load bang noise. Before that I felt like the car is like a seasaw in sport mode. I’m wondering if I didn’t wait long enough before resetting dcc.
Any thoughts?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I guess it depends on how you like the car to feel. I always drive in Comfort unless I'm on some fun back roads somewhere. The fun roads here are not that smooth so then I'm mostly in Normal, only going to Sport if there is a section of new pavement.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
To the OP:

1) beautiful car and color combo! 🤑 The Mk7 and 7.5 with the PP have ALL the right hardware to become a phenomenal dance partner on the street and track.

2) Not enough people running the H&R OE Sports. Only positive reviews across the board. I am installing mine this weekend (after debating and procrastinating for years). Much love to the folks who ran them and posted about them continuously on here.

3) A 25-26mm rear sway bar AND upgraded end links will compete the combo for you, with zero detriment to ride quality. See my experiences below...

I do not have DCC. I wanted it desperately, but it wasn't available when I bought my car (end of year).

I installed the 25mm APR rear SB a couple years back, maybe at 20-22k miles? Retained stock end links thinking they would keep the ride compliant. Immediate improvement from the RSB, but eventually, the car still felt unsatisfactory during hard corners and even simple lane changes. "Slosh" could be felt. Drove me nuts.

This past week, I finally replaced the stock RSB end links (with 39k miles on them) with the Moog HD units, freshly greased. I also cleaned and re-greased the RSB bushings completely, which had given me issues for the last 18 months, especially on cold days and speed bumps or dips.

Post-repair test drive:
NIGHT and day improvement. Everywhere.

My suspension actually softened up (from impacts and harshness), compared to before when the rear bushings and bar were binding a bit. Body roll is insanely controlled now, even on the stock height springs and all-stock suspension. Car feels smooth like a brand new BMW 1 or 2-series (those who have owned or driven one of these will know what I mean)

Sharing this here in case it helps the OP, and any other readers/lurkers/researchers.

Tommy80

Car(s)
2021 GLI
I just bought some H&R OE Sport Springs and everyone I call inquiring about install with the DCC recal tell me the same thing.

"No need to do that" "We never had to do that" etc. "Doesn't make any difference."

Several VW Dealerships and VW dedicated Shops..... same response.

I mean, judging from what I have been reading the recal makes a noticeable improvement. Not sure why mechanics are saying otherwise.

I am in NJ, has anyone else had issues finding a shop to do this?

Thanks

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I just bought some H&R OE Sport Springs and everyone I call inquiring about install with the DCC recal tell me the same thing.

"No need to do that" "We never had to do that" etc. "Doesn't make any difference."

I mean, judging from what I have been reading the recal makes a noticeable improvement. Not sure why mechanics are saying otherwise.

Thanks

Why not save the coin, buy an OBDII or equivalent, and do it yourself?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

Thanks
It needs to be done. If the system "thinks" your suspension under compression, due to the lowered ride height, it's going to stiffen the suspension.

It seems a given shop should be willing to do anything you're willing to pay for, whether or not they think it's necessary... unless having your car on the lift (for all of 10 minutes) is preventing them from taking care of other work. But that's what scheduling is for.

Tommy80

Car(s)
2021 GLI
It needs to be done. If the system "thinks" your suspension under compression, due to the lowered ride height, it's going to stiffen the suspension.

It seems a given shop should be willing to do anything you're willing to pay for, whether or not they think it's necessary... unless having your car on the lift (for all of 10 minutes) is preventing them from taking care of other work. But that's what scheduling is for.
Totally agree, thats why it is so baffling to me. Wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience and if not, know of a place in NJ.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Totally agree, thats why it is so baffling to me. Wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience and if not, know of a place in NJ.
That's even stranger if they are doing the suspension install. It would be inconvenient (for you, I guess) to wait at the shop while they do the work but you could ask them to let you do the calibration before they take the car off the lift when the work is done. The longest part of the task, by far, is getting all the wheels hanging.

Tommy80

Car(s)
2021 GLI
That's not what I asked.

Good luck finding a shop to meet your request.
Whether its springs or the recal, Im just saying in general that I prefer to have my work done by a pro. I don't have the tools or the time to fiddle. Thank you though. 😁

Tommy80

Car(s)
2021 GLI
That's even stranger if they are doing the suspension install. It would be inconvenient (for you, I guess) to wait at the shop while they do the work but you could ask them to let you do the calibration before they take the car off the lift when the work is done. The longest part of the task, by far, is getting all the wheels hanging.
Yea I was thinking thats what I may have to end up doing. 😕