GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R OE Sport springs w/ DCC

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No worries, ideally we're all here to learn and share what we've learned. And talk/rant about our cars.

Too bad there aren't any comfort oriented DCC compatible coilovers, afaik anyway. I love and need my comfort mode even though I occasionally hit a canyon/back road. So much so that I retrofitted DCC to my Golf just for the Normal/Sport modes that I use 1% of the time.

My Golf was quite comfortable from the factory. I ran several lower and/or stiffer setups along the way, wasting time and money to end up at B4 damptronics with stock GTI springs.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
I'm leaning towards the B4 as I mentioned earlier but want to have a little lower stance than OEM, so I'm considering the Eibach's base on my research. What do you think?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would expect anything that keeps the drop around 1" max is going to work just fine. But I would look for reports of actual drop, not the claims of whatever company.

It seems companies are often "conservative" how much drop you're going to get. Guess there's less complaints from being a little lower than expected versus being higher than expected. But being lower than expected is the last thing you want with DCC.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
My apologies to both of you. It never crossed my mind that my used case was not going to work for the DCC calibration. I wouldn't say I made everyone lose it's time because I learn what I was doing wrong when I attempted to do this calibration when my Golf was wearing the OEM Shocks/Struts and VWR Lowering Springs, that prevented the successful completion.
Hey it's all good! We are all here to learn.

For what it's worth, I find my stock DCC system along with EMD springs to be quite comfortable and looks/performs great for a daily. Of course if you are doing track days or something you probably want aftermarket dampers, but I'm a happy camper over here!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So the h r sport springs that give 1.3 drop will not perform as well as the oe model that only do .75”?
The springs will perform similarly probably. DCC performance will get worse the more drop you have. And you can get to a point where you're too low for DCC to be effective at all. Remember that DCC is adjusting compression and rebound. So if your springs have significant drop (compression) that leaves nothing for DCC to really do.

DCC on springs that are too is going to be like having non-DCC on springs that are too low, except you're giving up more because your DCC was more capable to begin with.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I still haven't been able to get module 14 to load, its just not there. I mentioned it over on the OBDEleven forums and they cant figure it out either. No idea what to do.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
That's so strange, no one near you with VCDS?
I've been trying to find someone, I might have to pay a specialty shop to do it. Maybe I will just buy a VCDS cable.

Gtibeck332

Car(s)
Mk7/mk7.5
Vehicle on jacks (all four wheels hanging), module 14 Damping Electronics... Security Access 20103... basic settings and run the calibration. It will only run if the level sensors are in the proper range (they should be when the suspension is hanging/extended). You can check each sensor (front left, front right and rear left) in measuring blocks for a value that says calibration available (or something like that). It will say possible or not possible. All three need to say possible or else the basic settings won't run.

If security access code 20103 doesn't work try whatever VCDS or OBDEleven recommends, but 20103 worked for myself and others.

The calibration takes all of 10 seconds once you press Go. Putting the car on jacks is the longest part by far. With a lift I would think it can be done, from pulling up to rolling out in under half an hour.
Ok with odb11
I went to module 14
Basic settings
Then what
I have
Adapting with deflected wheels
Restore vehicle specific data
Reset to as delivered condition of control module manufacturers

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I did the DCC calibration one time, when I installed the dampers. I haven't done it again or looked at the values since then. DCC still doing its thing just as intended.

The first speed bump as I'm leaving my neighborhood and I know what mode DCC is in. As long as that doesn't change I doubt I'll ever look at the values again 😂.